Beginners and Beyond

Send in the Saturdailies (Read 52 times)

Hi guys!  The weather is *gorgeous* here today; hope you're all enjoying your weekend, too!  : )

Kristin, congratulations on a great race!  And no ITB pain- that's the best of all!  Sweet!

And I am so jealous of that FE!  Why wasn't I invited?  ; )

Went to the Y this morning for some stretching, running (2.5 miles, woohoo!), stair-stepping, and more stretching.  Will probably do some more stretching later, since that part kind of got shorted.  A total of 5.8 miles run this week.  : )

Home for the afternoon to do...  housework... and other stuff.  I don't know.  DH is away so I'm thinking it's looking like a put-the-kids-to-bed-and-Mommy-chill-out-with-a-movie kind of evening, so I'll be looking forward to that at the end of a nice day.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Hip Redux

Go to the Garmin site. Check for firm ware update for it. Can also do a hard reset and dump all the data in it. It will get a bit more stable that way.

Yep, I ended having to do a hard reset (then updated the firmware) - was trying to avoid losing the DH's data from this morning (he used my 910).  But he only had the swim data on it since he forgot it in transition, so it wasn't too much of a loss.  Seems better now.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi!

I'm jealous of the FE too!

Congrats, Kristin!

7 miles done for me. Not the best idea to go out less than an hour after eating a rice and bean burrito. I felt sick to my stomach the last mile and still feel like I want to barf. Ugh.

Hip Redux

I just have to say that running after a nap is ridiculously difficult.   3 miles done, mostly half asleep. lol

I just have to say that running after a nap is ridiculously difficult.   3 miles done, mostly half asleep. lol

Um yeah, you should try reversing that, works much better.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks everyone!!! I felt really good out tbere today,and have never enjoyed a race so much while I was actually running it (probably because I kept the pace easy for most of it). I would like to never feel so unprepared for a distance again though. Which is why, although I just pulled off 10 miles, I have 17 more weeks of training til I attempt a half. Next long race I want more confidence. But it sure felt good to run that race today!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

3 miler is done!  I tried a patella strap, and I think it was working.  At the very least, it wasn't slipping or getting irritating, so that's good.  Knee felt just fine the whole time.  Now to mow the lawn.

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, Kristin!

Good news. Rather than 3 hours trapped in he- ... I mean, Chuck E. Cheese, I was able to sit in Starbucks and copyedit a book about craft breweries. Much better!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I was just having a little fun.

I know, likewise.  Congrats to your bud.  Open water swimming is no joke, especially that first time.  Panic attacks are quite common.

Rondog65

Hello all,

Been busy this week and have been mostly absent (some lurking).  Kristin great job, and you will rock the Half Marathon when it comes.

Did the Ruckus run this am and had a lot of fun, with no injuries.  4 mile mud obstacle run in very nice weather. Being a mud run with water I ran naked (no electronics).  It was strange not knowing the pace, distance or how long I have been out on the course.  Talked to more people and was very enjoyable. I believe the finishing time was about 50 - 55 minutes, with all obstacles completed.

May have to do the Tough Mudder next June, however that will entail more traveling (this was only an hour away).

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Robert31320

Team TJ

No running today.  I helped my parents today by cutting down two huge trees in their yard, burning the limbs, and cut up all the wood for firewood.  My ass is dragging now!  I may not be able to run tomorrow but they are happy...

Running for TJ because he can't.

B-Plus

8 @ 8:08. Time for playoff hockey.

Will run for scenery.

Bzzz.

Oooof.

Aaargh.

Harumph.

WooHoo.

Doh!

Yeouch.

Whew!

Aaaaaah.

Deets tomorrow.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

I was able to sit in Starbucks and copyedit a book about craft breweries.

Excellent.

Kristin, congrats on the strong race!