Beginners and Beyond

Austin live strong marathon - buy one get one free. (Read 110 times)

Austin Marathon - live strong. Register monday and get next year's free.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/FREE-ENTRY--MONDAY-ONLY-.html?soid=1102237833641&aid=yzG7lBtPt0Q

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

That is a good deal.  When is the Austin marathon?

Austin Marathon - live strong. Register monday and get next year's free.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/FREE-ENTRY--MONDAY-ONLY-.html?soid=1102237833641&aid=yzG7lBtPt0Q

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Feb 17th I think.

You thinking about a texas marathon ?

That is a good deal.  When is the Austin marathon?

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Of course.  DH want it to be SA, though, but Austin is close enough.  However, February does not work for me.  I have, you know, a gazillion of them from now until June, so it has to wait until next year. Big grin

Feb 17th I think.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

slowrunningjulie

Feb 17th I think.

Yes, it is Feb. 17. This is a good race - I have run the half multiple times and the full once. It is hilly, but lots of fun.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

I'm doing the Austin Marathon this year.  I really wanted this one to be my Texas race because of the Livestrong foundation.  Both of my parents passed away from Cancer, so it was meaningful to me to make this my race.  I do not support Lance Armstrong, but I still support Livestrong.  Looking forward to a quick visit to a new city for me.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

My sister and some co-workers of mine did the did the half last year. It seemed like a good race. The second half of the  marathon is supposedly pretty hilly.

I'm doing the Austin Marathon this year.  I really wanted this one to be my Texas race because of the Livestrong foundation.  Both of my parents passed away from Cancer, so it was meaningful to me to make this my race.  I do not support Lance Armstrong, but I still support Livestrong.  Looking forward to a quick visit to a new city for me.

Tomas

slowrunningjulie

My sister and some co-workers of mine did the did the half last year. It seemed like a good race. The second half of the  marathon is supposedly pretty hilly.

The toughest miles are 14-18, which is pretty much a steady uphill climb. I really struggled on this section of the race, and it was also psychologically difficult, because I knew that I was only at mile 16 and was hurting pretty bad. However, once you hit the mile 18 water stop, you make a right hand turn and start to head back downhill. This has been my only full marathon to date, so I have nothing to compare it too, but I know that Austin is kind of famous (infamous?) for hilly races. But it is a great race.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon