Beginners and Beyond

Born Again Wednesday Penguins (Read 10 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Almost a year ago I was interviewed for a book about overcoming obstacles and starting a running program. Well the book is out this week. So if you know anyone who's interested in starting/restarting running have them check it out! I here Chapter 1 is really interesting! Smile

Docket_Rocket

LOL, not sure I have ever been a born again anything, but congrats!

I have Pilates and Barre classes back to back tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.9 for us.  Run/Walk due to heat.  Taking it easy this week and only plan to make my goal miles since I didn't last week (bad captain).

Sounds like a good book for newbies.  Did you get your picture in the book PAD?

One of my miles game team-mates just published a running book available on Amazon.  Sadly I did not buy it as I am not Bound for Boston.

http://www.bostonboundbook.com/

PADRunner

3.9 for us.  Run/Walk due to heat.  Taking it easy this week and only plan to make my goal miles since I didn't last week (bad captain).

Sounds like a good book for newbies.  Did you get your picture in the book PAD?

One of my miles game team-mates just published a running book available on Amazon.  Sadly I did not buy it as I am not Bound for Boston.

http://www.bostonboundbook.com/

Yes my picture is in it. I haven't seen it yet. Supposed to get my copy delivered tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Yes my picture is in it. I haven't seen it yet. Supposed to get my copy delivered tomorrow.

That is awesome!  Could you post the picture, please?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Geez, I am TOTALLY a born again runner!!  I will definitely have to check the book out!  Just got out of our annual faculty retreat, and I am SOOOOO glad to be free!!  We were running over 1.5 hours behind schedule, so the last couple of things got cut, thankfully.  It wasn't exactly a waste of time, but not all of it was relevant to me.  Ah well.

Quartet rehearsal tonight, woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

That is so cool, PAD! I hope it comes out well.

I ran around Ashland this morning, when it was still nice and cool. A yellow jacket crashed into my arm, stung me, ans flew off.  We are going to see two plays today.

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh, and now that I've confessed that I'm running, I had to skip this morning's run to get to the doofy faculty retreat on time.  Might shift the run to tomorrow, though I hate to have a late night followed by an early morning.  We'll see if I can find a naptime in what's left of the afternoon.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.