Beginners and Beyond

Hot & Spicy Wednesday Penguins (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

6.6 on the treadmill - done.. the wifi wasn't working so I may have streamed video over my data plan on my phone =P  Yay for being grandfathered in on unlimited data?

I ordered a sparkle skirt (inspired by Kristin) and it came in the mail today.  I'll have to see how I like it.  Usually I spend as little money as possible on running clothes, but I figured for the marathon I really want something that will minimize dreaded chafing and be able to carry things.  I tried the "powergel" at mile 15 of my long run and there's no way I'm using the course provided fuel.  It was so nasty.  It didn't make me sick, but probably because I got through less than half of it before I gave up on it.

Which one did you buy?  If you get into the three Sparkle Skirt groups we are in, you are doomed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

DR - since it is for the NYC marathon I got the NYBlues pattern.  The fabric is very pretty.  I'll probably take it for a test run early next week on one of my shorter runs.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

I got a sparkle skirt a couple of years ago and it is still kicking. No chafing, as promised,  and you can pack a ton of crap in there. After 2+ years, there's a small hole in one of the inside pockets, but that's it.

Track went much better tonight. Maybe I went in with more realistic  expectations?  Or maybe it was just a better day.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6.6 on the treadmill - done.. the wifi wasn't working so I may have streamed video over my data plan on my phone =P  Yay for being grandfathered in on unlimited data?

I ordered a sparkle skirt (inspired by Kristin) and it came in the mail today.  I'll have to see how I like it.  Usually I spend as little money as possible on running clothes, but I figured for the marathon I really want something that will minimize dreaded chafing and be able to carry things.  I tried the "powergel" at mile 15 of my long run and there's no way I'm using the course provided fuel.  It was so nasty.  It didn't make me sick, but probably because I got through less than half of it before I gave up on it.

Now you will have to take more pictures with Kristin in your sparkle skirts !!!