Beginners and Beyond

8.3.15 (Read 54 times)

LRB

I am in for the night and have a bit of a dilemma; beer or wine?

LRB

We were on the bikes on top of Pike's Peak.  In August.  it was sleeting.  Of course that turned to rain as we came down.  Just about the level where they were stopping traffic for road work. We sat in cold sleet/rain for about 20 minutes.  Then had to ride the rest of the way down.  I've never been so wet/cold.

That sent a chill up my spine just reading it, brr!

You Rang?

YES!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

LRB

lol

delicate flower

D2T2, nice to see you 'round these parts again!

Got my 40 minute jog done.  4.4 miles at 9:00 pace.  My legs had nothing.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Did a new to me lower body weights workout. Holy crap! Aside from the usual squats, lunges, deadlifts, there was a floor section using a body bar. They used a 15lb one and did sets of 24, 16 and 8 inner and outer thigh lifts.  I had a 12 lb body bar and got rid of it after the first set. I'll probably be feeling this tomorrow.

LRB

Did a new to me lower body weights workout. Holy crap! Aside from the usual squats, lunges, deadlifts, there was a floor section using a body bar. They used a 15lb one and did sets of 24, 16 and 8 inner and outer thigh lifts.  I had a 12 lb body bar and got rid of it after the first set. I'll probably be feeling this tomorrow.

This reminded me that I was supposed to do some type of core work when I got home...

I did not.

Docket_Rocket

Not sure what happened but I decided to go outside.  Feels like 89-90F, dewpoint of only 70.  I was coughing up a storm but ran very well. Hope the chest congestion continues to cough out.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Little Blue

First world problems.

Why not both?

Let me know how the commute time ends up being this afternoon.  My house is 14 miles from downtown and it takes me 1-1.5 hours to get home at 4:30pm, imagine after 5pm.

Ugh.  I also live 14 miles from work, and it's a 20 minute trip in good weather.  Traffic never happens.

Ugh. I do not expect it to be that bad, hopefully <1 hr. 

Result: just over an hour. Looking forward to that 5 days a week for the next 15 years or so. In my life sp fsr I have been pretty spoiled with relatively easy commutes. I guess at some point my luck had to run out.

Dave

Result: just over an hour. Looking forward to that 5 days a week for the next 15 years or so.

There should be cars with treadmills available.

Speaking of (sans car), 9.62 done with some speedwork.

Zelanie

Result: just over an hour. Looking forward to that 5 days a week for the next 15 years or so. In my life sp fsr I have been pretty spoiled with relatively easy commutes. I guess at some point my luck had to run out.

Time for an Audible subscription.