Beginners and Beyond

Monday Brandied Fruit Penguins... (Read 26 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Yay for the quick recovery, Lauren.

I'll check out the RRs, Scotty.

Made it back to Chicago.  Broke up the drive with a short stop at the Herbert Hoover Historical site in West Branch, Iowa.  Very exciting.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Me and my boss were the only ones at work in my department today.  So of course I had to pick up the slack and get all the short-notice projects done...which I finally did, but it took me all freakin' day....didn't even have lunch until 2:30 pm.   Oh well, it is what it is.  Didn't do my weights, though (bad dog!) just got lazy after  a long day and went home.  Getting ready to watch the Houston Texans win (hopefully) over the Steelers.

Damaris, hope your 8 went well...and it's getting a bit cooler for you down there!

What is considered cold for where you are, StoneFence?  About 50 degrees for we South Texans, lol.  I am probably gong to FREEZE when I do the Turkey Trot this year up in Washington State.

Well, HsM, I don't drink as much as I used to.  Pretty much beer for me now, and usually one after a race, and sometimes a couple when I'm watching a football game on the weekend.   Not like my military days when I was young and overseas and there was a LOT of partying for hours and hours and hours.  Sometimes I look back on those days and find myself amazed I lived through them, as much as we drank and some of the crazy stuff me and my pals did during our off-duty hours.

Yeah, Ginny, still have my membership - the use of 10 Y's for $40 a month which includes free use of all the facilities....no charge for lockers, pool use, equipment, etc.  Pretty nice and allows me to use the Y's as a 'base" for some of my runs, so I can go exploring a lot and not have to do the same old running routes all week.  Plus, as retired military, I get to use the base gyms here too - there are 5 bases in San Antonio - so all that gives me access to a LOT of different venues.

Dang, Mitch....I did not realize it got that cool in Alabama...I thought y'all were a warm-weather state.

Well, PAD, you are in NORTH Texas, and you guys actually get some 'real' winter up there - and please KEEP it up there!  But even so, still probably warmer than CA, so yeah, it probably would be a bit cooler out there for we Texans.  Unless maybe you're in the desert...

You should come visit next year, Brilliant and do it too, and get your own pink shirt. 

Welcome back to getting away from the Blerch, sapf.  Hope it was not too trying with the in-laws.

Sounds like you are on 'Speedy Recovery', Lauren, like Mitch was after his hernia surgery.  He and I had surgery the very same day, but he recovered a lot quicker than I did, amazed me how quick he got back to running.  I was about 2 months behind him, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Just a quick visit. When I first scanned the thread title I thought it read "Monday Banned Fruit Penguins".

That is all.

Nope, we don't ban anyone.  Fruit Penguins are welcome too!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

SRD#1.  Travel day for us.  Had a nice weekend with niece and nephew.  Now that we really need it, we left the foam roller in Iowa.  RR when I get back to work and need to look busy.

ginny, Cyclones as in Iowa State Cyclones, my alma mater.

Have great week.

Well thanks, Jerry, for letting my Texas Longhorns win one on Saturday....

Iowa State

Cyclones

(2-5)

Texas

Longhorns

(3-4)

GinnyinPA

Lauren - I'm the opposite, I don't mind walking in the rain (unless it's all day, and then I just put up with it because I must) but I avoid running in it.  Mostly because I wear glasses.  When I steam them up, I go blind.  When I walk, unless climbing a hill, I can usually see pretty well as long as I wear a billed hat.

Jerry - any post race problems or just stiff?

Scotty - after your busy weekend, you deserve a day off.

Ended up on the TM because there rain was supposed to hit about half way through my run.  Instead, it waited until time to give the dog his evening walk.  He's staring at us, telling us it's time.  At least I can come home to hot chocolate and a warm bed.