Beginners and Beyond

Hey, Saturday! (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

5 and weights done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

In the game of you versus 2017, you beat that bitch into the pavement with an ugly stick. Take the rest of the year off. You won't lose major fitness in three weeks, and the break will relieve you of the anxiety. Wake up, and run a mile on New Years Day (or 2), then build from there.

I can't argue with any of this. But I'm not sure if I can make that commitment. I am really going to want to try to run at some point sooner rather than later. We'll see how it goes.

Dave

GinnyinPA

Our light dusting of snow melted by the time we walked the dog. It was 43 when I went for my run, with off and on sunshine, so I did 12.8.

Phil - nice race, especially given the conditions.

RunningOnSand

Hey folks, Happy Saturday!

We are moved into our new place (!) and the unpacking has commenced. I still haven't found my silverware. But we are in our house! I decided to go for a short run today. In the fresh snow. And I just need to not do that; it's a bitch on my Achilles and it ends up not being an easy paced/feels run b/c of the intense quad workout it ends up being. But anyway, 5.6'ish done. We'll see how the next few days go.

Coastal

In the game of you versus 2017, you beat that bitch into the pavement with an ugly stick. Take the rest of the year off. You won't lose major fitness in three weeks, and the break will relieve you of the anxiety. Wake up, and run a mile on New Years Day (or 2), then build from there.

+1 to this.  If you do run, take it really easy and ease back into it.  Glad to hear it is feeling somewhat better.  Back pain sucks.

Nice 5K Baboon!  Seems like running on any packed or frozen water would slow you down a lot more than a minute.  I slid off the road and into the ditch last year on ice.

Zzy:  Nice 8 miles.

Got in 4 miles on the TM today.  Took the initiative and unplugged the machine next to me and moved one of the fans over which helped.