Beginners and Beyond

The Penguin Weekend after. (Read 16 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did my 8 last night, although I wanted to quit at 6.  10 for tonight.

Kathleen, I think you are good to set it for 1000.  The worse that can happen is you run less, but it's a good and achievable goal for you.

Z, nice 8.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

obiebyke

The present feels-like in Minneapolis is -23F and I'm not feeling the best. Uh. We'll see about this...

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Melanie and Demaris,  thanks for your encouragement.you've given me the nudge to commit. Guess the feeling of being nervously challenged will make the sense of achievement that much more joyful at the end of the year.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

After 2 URD's with the mutant flu, I'm going to try a mile or 2 on the indoor track this afternoon.  It was pretty mild, so I'm glad I got the flu shot.

Bad start to the mileage game.

PADRunner

Kathleen I should have followed your lead and switched my LR.

17 done this morning.  When I started off it was dark and 40 and it wasn't tp bad till about mile 11 and I turned back north into the wind. The last 6 were mostly into a 20 mph wind. When I finished it was sunny, 32, feels like 20. Made a good start to the mileage game.

Obie good luck with the -23, I couldn't go much  lower than this morning!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Kathleen: DO IT!  Come on, we will help. Smile

PAD: Nice 17. I hope you are feeling good.

12 miles for me. 8:28 pace on lots and lots of hills. I'll take it.

Zelanie

PAD- Heck of a run, nice job!  Hope you had a warm shower and some hot cocoa waiting for you!

I have 8 on the schedule again, hopefully after a store run but before dark.

tracilynn

-23. No way!  I would just die instantly. I could not live any further north than I do now. Ha.

kathleen - you can do it!

jerry don't push it for the mileage game. Rest up.

I did 4.6 into a strong north wind. Nice at the back but sucked when head on.  I did my "anatomy for runners" workout plus some lunges and squats and planks.

~~~~~~~

Traci

obiebyke

Well, I got out there. I swear to god my blood thickened or something, because I struggled to make 1.57 miles. Home and warm again. It is what it is. -19F in the sun.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Obie - YIKES!!!!!

Glad I ran my LSR yesterday. Today was 6 easy miles (well, in theory). The temp says 13, but real feel about 4. Sounds pretty yucky, but with the sun shining, it was delightful. I'll take this over 75 degrees any day. Now it's time to head for a hot shower, I always chill so terribly when I finish. Looking forward tacos for dinner! I'm starving.

What a great group you all are. It's really great getting to eavesdrop on your lives and hear about your running accomplishments. I'm not always commenting on what you post, but I love hearing about your day-to-day running adventures.

I went ahead and bumped the bunny. 

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K