Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies - 25% bonus humidity at the same low price! (Read 37 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Whiskers - I'm with SIAR in that the nature of the trail has a lot to do with how your body reacts.  There's just so many different variables in trails to know what could be causing what in your case.

SIAR - Did you wear a HRM during the race?  If so, what was your AvgHR on the downhills vs uphills vs no hills?

Cy - I'm glad you ruled out being a pregnant woman.   And lay off those roids!

KC - Very cool that you're doing Daniels this cycle!  I hear it's tough, so it's gotta be good.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR - Did you wear a HRM during the race?  If so, what was your AvgHR on the downhills vs uphills vs no hills?

I think if you click on my screen name you can pop into my calendar and then pull the run up and see the HR data. I have the Fenix 5, which has HR. I've always chaffed with the HR strap, so I don't wear it. Generally speaking, my HR was lower than I'd have expected all race. The average was 146, which is lower than or on par with most of my easy training runs during the week. I didn't really spike the heart rate climbs or decents. The only time I really elevated the HR was on the flatter stretches where I was running 7/8/9 minute miles.

I'm not a HR runner by any means, but seeing this data and feeling as good as I felt through this race, I'm tempted to try and keep my HR in that kind of range for my 100 coming up. I really lucked out at this race with the weather, so that's going to be a different story come the end of July for my race. That means I may have to back off even more to keep the HR down, but it may be worth it. My main goal is going to be sub 24 hours, so 14:00 pace is what I need to target. It will just be the balance of banking time before an inevitable fade v. going out to hard and being totally spent.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Half Crazy K 2.0

SIAR, nice RR. Definitely can see the difference in the types of trails you were on. No clue how people fly on trails, whenever I get any sort of speed up, I trip on a damn rock.

LRB, we have a few running club trail races in the 6-9 mile range. A night one coming up in July and another one a few days later.

sdWhiskers, I get beat up on trails. My foot is still sore sometimes from kicking & tripping on something back in February.

onemile

KC - Very cool that you're doing Daniels this cycle!  I hear it's tough, so it's gotta be good.

McMillan

Bert-o

I lost my rama

McMillan

You know I’m just keeping you on your toes right? ;-)

Or I’m just losing my mind.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Half Crazy K 2.0

94 degrees and 70 something dewpoint. No way was I running in that crap, so I did some strength training.

Fred, from yesterday, I would MUCH rather do a whole bunch of 200s in the heat that longer intervals or any type of steady pace.

RunningOnSand

You know I’m just keeping you on your toes right? ;-)

Or I’m just losing my mind.

It's a Monday. Big grin

RunningOnSand

Howdy, folks!

SIAR, excellent race and cool pics! I could actually see your pics (oftentimes I cannot see anybody else's pics, grr). 

I ran 6 easy today, I also have intervals tomorrow, which I am also nervously excited about (with you, PR). I may actually head to our local track and try that action.