Beginners and Beyond

Driving Miss DAILIES (Read 37 times)

Runshortii

How did the Infinite perform for you today? Was this your first race in them?

Lol about that. I've been running in the infinite since probably January, but this was a new pair. I've always put saucony insoles into the Infinites because the Hoka insoles gave me blisters, but I liked the shoes and I'm weird about shoes. This was a newer pair of infinites with insoles I ordered online that I haven't worn before. They felt a little high in the arch but have been fine in up to 7 mile runs. Anyway, today by mile 7 I had huge ass blisters to both insides of my arches  needless to say I stopped and bought different insoles on the way home

i think I'm done with Hokas after this because it's irritating having to get different insoles because the Hoka ones give me blisters. When I ran in HS and trained for a year in college I wore the Brooks Adrenaline and never ever had an issue for 6 years.  For some reason after my running hiatus I thought they were hurting my feet and stopped wearing them.  But now I think that was just because I hadn't ran in a few years and ramped up too quickly. Soooo I may or may not have bought a pair of adrenalines today

LRB

Fun fact: all salt is Kosher (or can be). Kosher salt is unique in that it has coarser grain size, and is used in the process for making Kosher meat.

And in salt grinders, mostly 'cuz it's cool. Unless you're one who uses Himalayan pink salt for that purpose.

LRB

Lol about that. I've been running in the infinite since probably January, but this was a new pair. I've always put saucony insoles into the Infinites because the Hoka insoles gave me blisters, but I liked the shoes and I'm weird about shoes. This was a newer pair of infinites with insoles I ordered online that I haven't worn before. They felt a little high in the arch but have been fine in up to 7 mile runs. Anyway, today by mile 7 I had huge ass blisters to both insides of my arches  needless to say I stopped and bought different insoles on the way home

i think I'm done with Hokas after this because it's irritating having to get different insoles because the Hoka ones give me blisters. When I ran in HS and trained for a year in college I wore the Brooks Adrenaline and never ever had an issue for 6 years.  For some reason after my running hiatus I thought they were hurting my feet and stopped wearing them.  But now I think that was just because I hadn't ran in a few years and ramped up too quickly. Soooo I may or may not have bought a pair of adrenalines today

That's the spirit! 

Anyway, today by mile 7 I had huge ass blisters

That must've been painful.

Dave

Cyberic

Mostly motivation. It takes 22.6 miles per week (in a 31 day month) to hit 100 miles.  I've only exceeded that 2 times in the last 6 weeks.

We'll be traveling to Florence Italy next month (8 days in total) and I don't really expect to run more than once or twice while we're gone (just to get the map in my RA log) so that means I'd need to average over 30 miles for the other three weeks. And I've lost my work shower, so noon runs (with a higher motivation ratio - gets me out of the office) are now out.

There's a nice park to run in Florence: parco delle Cascine. It runs along the Arno river, and is about 2 miles long and 2-300 yards wide. It's flat and closed to cars and mopeds. It is a very nice spot to run. It actually is the nicest spot I've found in all my Italian vacation.

GinnyinPA

Gettysburg's Blue Gray HM always has apple pie as prizes - different sizes for different placement. My 2nd AG pie was just right for two people. What I'd like is to do one of the races that gives out wine as prizes.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cupid's Crush or whatever they are calling the Valentine's day race in Druid Hill Park in Baltimore gives out wine and wine glasses for prizes. The women's 5k had sangria for all at the finish.