Beginners and Beyond

Ritz out at Boston, Hall in (Read 77 times)

RSX

She was running at Stoney today dressed like an Eskimo, poor thing. lol

We ran past each other three times on the loop, one of which was across a stretch of crunchy ice/snow.  Listening to her foot falls as she approached and faded into the distance was majestic, so damn smooth and rhythmic.

That must be so cool running by her. I have met her twice and she seems real nice. She has been my favorite elite since finishing 2nd

LRB

That must be so cool running by her.

I will never wash my eyeball again.  lol

She is a little thing.  The first time I spoke (as I do with all runners/walkers) and made brief eye contact.  The other times I did not say anything and just looked straight ahead.

She is a little thing.  The first time I spoke (as I do with all runners/walkers) and made brief eye contact.  The other times I did not say anything and just looked straight ahead.

Very cool. I really hope she runs well again in Boston. I met her last summer at a party after the Garry Bjorklund half-marathon here in MN. It was the host for the U.S. national championship along with the regular half-marathon race that accompanies Grandma's marathon. She's got her 2nd place award in the box:

LRB

Nice!

RSX

Nice. I had my picture taken with her at the Boston Expo last year. Brooks had her at a table all by herself. Someone in the Kara Shalane line mentioned that she was nearby and I was off.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

The 2011 Boston Marathon is my favorite race to date.  Hall going so fast and Davila coming so close to a win.....it was just a great race to watch!!  I'll never forget it!

I hope as much excitement can happen this year but if not, it'll still be nice just to see Hall & Davila run!

Rick ---- That's too cool that you go to cross running paths w/ Desire!  Amazing that such a small thing can run so fast, eh? 

Randy

MothAudio

Sad to hear Moses Mosop won't be competing. 

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Badass.

I do not know of any top tier elites in the area, but I have seen a few runners knocking back the miles fast and *smooooth* makes me wonder now and then.

Also makes my measly workouts look weak and performed by a crippled geriatric.