Beginners and Beyond

Thursday: Another day another dolla' (Read 35 times)

Ha, sometimes I get comments and also waves from cyclists

"Run faster"

"Nice pace"

"You're really moving"

And hellos and high fives from other runners.  And walkers.  Especially in bad weather. Last winter I would run into the same high fiver nearly every run.

I run on a pretty heavily traveled trail, and encounter tons of runners & cyclists. Never a greeting from (or to) cyclists. One day a cyclist said "good morning" in a very friendly cheerful tone, and I was completely taken aback until I realized it was someone from my office commuting to work. I always greet other runners, I'd say greeting back is about 75%. Walkers generally get the same treatment as cyclists.

My weekend route is a lot less traveled (despite being a nice paved asphalt trail designed for running/biking), so I am a bit more liberal with my greetings. Sometimes cyclists and walkers are acknowledged. I did get a high five just one time from another runner, it was kind of weird.

Dave

No more marathons

Three days until GOAL RACE.

Woot.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Six day streak - not many miles, but ------

Small town so I know many of the runners and bikers.  Always nod and raise a hand.  Usually get a not back.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran the 4 I really had today.  The 5 from Monday will have to wait and see if I can run them tomorrow.

PT killed me today with mountain climbers on a sliding surface (where I skate there for strength) while holding a weighted vest on top of my back without letting it fall.  I swear this woman is trying to kill me or making me into an obstacle athlete or something.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights and core.

Cyberic

I run on a pretty heavily traveled trail, and encounter tons of runners & cyclists. Never a greeting from (or to) cyclists. One day a cyclist said "good morning" in a very friendly cheerful tone, and I was completely taken aback until I realized it was someone from my office commuting to work. I always greet other runners, I'd say greeting back is about 75%. Walkers generally get the same treatment as cyclists.

When I run commute, I sometimes get greeted by cyclists. but they are runners I know who choose to bike to work because it is a lot less complicated (IMO).

But usually, I'm the same as you Dave, except I don't systematically greet other runners. I'm more of a 75% kinda guy. When I'm running intervals, for example. There's also the case when there are too many. I end up not caring anymore.

And like onemile, on really cold winter days, I'll greet and get greeted by pretty much anyone not in a car, as there aren't many of us outside.

And when I'm on a bike, I don't get greeted by cyclists and I don't greet them either. I don't look very hot on my old beat up mountain bike, with a basket installed over the back wheel to carry stuff, a rear view mirror on the handle bars. I also wear normal clothes, no helmet... I don't look the part.  And I don't greet them because I'm simply not used to greeting cyclists.

And like onemile, on really cold winter days, I'll greet and get greeted by pretty much anyone not in a car, as there aren't many of us outside.

Heh. I've been known to wave to cars. When I am just desperate to somehow distract myself from the misery at hand.

Dave

Cyberic

Heh. I've been known to wave to cars. When I am just desperate to somehow distract myself from the misery at hand.

Hitching a ride home doesn't count