Beginners and Beyond

Shunamitism Saturday Penguins (Read 27 times)

Zelanie

Margo- So sorry that you had to deal with cramps after all you'd done to prepare.  Congrats on finishing- #2, correct? Smile  Hope you feel better after getting some nutrition and rest.

obiebyke

Great racing Margo and Cheri.

I went to a stretching clinic at a friend's chiropractor today and learned a few things. He was helpful about my hypermobile knees. I also got some active release on my shins and he said I win for tightest shins ever. He was amazed. So I'm just going to take the day.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Bad day.  I managed to limp in just barely under 2:30. No injury--just cramps. I am feeling shaky and nauseated now--i will put together a RR later when I feel more recovered.

Awww.  If the cramps were caused by what I think, I've done plenty of marathons with them to know they suck.  Hope you feel better.  Great job nonetheless.  Pushing through nausea and cramps is never good.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Memo to self:  Ice packs can freeze skin if used for too long.

Mmmmm...beer

Got the recovery miles done, but not the garage cleaning.  I somehow got suckered into going to a craft fair, wtf? lol  Tomorrow, long run and garage, then football. Smile

Great job Cherie and Robert!!  Margo, sorry to hear about the cramps, but at least it's not an injury, right?  Hope you're feeling better!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Philliefan33

Awww.  If the cramps were caused by what I think, I've done plenty of marathons with them to know they suck.  Hope you feel better.  Great job nonetheless.  Pushing through nausea and cramps is never good.

Better clarify:  it was calf cramps, and I wasn't shaky until well after the race.

It only took a couple of hours, water, and a bagel to set my stomach right. In fact, we just went out for dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant and I downed a big  platter of burritos/rice/beans!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Great that you finished the race, Margo.  Feel better.

Bin Running

Late check in.. Busy day on Sat.. Set alarm to go off at 5.30 thinking of a LR but chose to sleep in.. thinking I should have time to get in some late and push LR to Sun. Went to doc for DS 3rd year assessment , followed by DW check with Gynae.. Lunch followed by a visit to a friend who has just given birth to her #2. Dinner and I don't have time to run.. Tongue

Robert, awesome job.

Margo, sorry abt the cramp.. 2.30 is not too shabby.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

tracilynn

I agree 2:30 not too shabby.  Calf cramps? Huh? you ever had calf issuesbbefore?  Guess I'll have to wait for the RR.

I did 3.2 tonight. Wanted more but my dinner kept coming back up. Hate that.

nice job Cherie and Robert!

~~~~~~~

Traci

on my way to badass

Margo- 2:30 isn't to bad.  Hope you are feeling better. ( I see now that you are feeling better)

Congrats Robert! and Cherie!

After getting up with DH at 0'dark thirty and making his breakfast, I went back to bed while he went hunting.  Woke up from round 2 with a kink in my neck.  I tried to do my long run (5 miles, its the first week of my training program) and I couldn't pull it off.  The kink in my neck made it difficult to look where I was going. I got 2 miles in and I have SRD tomorrow.  I'll pick things back up on Monday.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Better clarify:  it was calf cramps, and I wasn't shaky until well after the race.

It only took a couple of hours, water, and a bagel to set my stomach right. In fact, we just went out for dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant and I downed a big  platter of burritos/rice/beans!

I wonder what it was then.  Nausea is not related to calf cramps that I know of.  Maybe it was not a good day for you overall?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hubby did his first 10 miler and I joined him for 8 miles, then returning home for a full 8.50.  Running with him makes my legs feel dead.  Must be the slower pace and maybe change of gait.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Apparently I just missed banditing a fake color run today.  As I was running, there were a ton of sorority girls walking together, and I noticed a lot of them had what looked like green makeup on.  It looked like they were coming back from Zombie event, which isn't usually a sorority thing, but you never know, right?  But then the next group of girls was all purple.  Still a bit zombieish.  Then there were the pink girls.  But then I came to where they were taking down some tables and there was what looked like colored chalk dust all over the ground.

I looked it up, and the sorority "color run" started about 90 minutes before I ran through there.  Good thing I didn't go out earlier!  (And how often do I get to say that!)