Beginners and Beyond

Anyone racing this weekend? Maybe a Resolution Run? (Read 259 times)

If I can get New Year's Eve off work, I would like to do a resolution run 8K in flint. We'll see. Only $15 for late registration, so the price is right.

Robert31320

Team TJ

No racing for me this weekend.  Trying to hit a monthly PB.  My next race is January 5, 2013, the Cooler in Pooler Resolution 5K.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jess runs for bacon

I'll be doing a virtual half resolution run on Tuesday. I really want to do the local Peeps Fest 5k (the marshmallow peeps) on NYE but I can't get off work.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I'll be doing a virtual half resolution run on Tuesday. I really want to do the local Peeps Fest 5k (the marshmallow peeps) on NYE but I can't get off work.

That sucks.  I was going to message you on FB to find out if you were doing it or not.

Jess runs for bacon

That sucks.  I was going to message you on FB to find out if you were doing it or not.

I may come down on my lunch break since a zillion people I know are doing it. I could get off work, but it would be no pay for a half day, and it seemed kind of silly to do that and pay for a race.

Hey if you want to go for a really slow 13.1 run at the Parkway on Tuesday, let me know.

Anomalous

No race either, but I'm thinking of bringing in the New Year with a 1.3 mile.

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

sugnim

I forgot to mention the other New Years race I'm doing.  It's not exactly a race, but it's called the New Years Eve Prediction Run.  You try to predict your time for running 2 miles on an indoor track.  You are not allowed to run with a watch, phone, or any other gadget.  The person who is closest to their predicted time wins.

bobruns

They moved our local New Years race to the 5th so no racing for me this weekend.

Have fun out there everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

bluerun

Super B****

5K on New Year's Eve.  Should be interesting since I've never run at night before in my life.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

aponi

never runs the tangents

Nope, I couldn't find one and DH is still on IR for a couple of weeks. I think the Cupid Cup in Feb is my next race.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Ghettopops

New Years Day Polar Dash 10k with my hija

5K resolution run and polar dive on Tuesday.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Shakedown Street

There is a 5 miler on the first right by my house at the lake, I really was thinking about it, but I would rather have a 5K update than an 8K update....

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Camp Muir

Midnight 5k for charity and champagne to follow.

LRB

Had I thought of it earlier, I would have volunteered at today's event.  It's going to be 35 degrees today, so it will make for a good day to race....and drink afterwards of course.