Beginners and Beyond

RR- Corvallis 5K (Read 58 times)

Hip Redux

If you don't use gun time, couldn't someone wait until everyone is all nice and spread out and then start the race?  Ok, maybe that's over thinking it.

Great job, Zel.  I'm always impressed when someone runs their fastest mile at the end of a 5k.  I'm usually hanging on for dear life lol

Zelanie

I'm always impressed when someone runs their fastest mile at the end of a 5k.  I'm usually hanging on for dear life lol

You must be better at mile 2 than I am!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hmm, that's interesting- I assumed the event was santioned, since it is fairly big (for the area), has prize money, etc. They are under new management and I just noticed that this year, they are not USATF sanctioned at all.  Last year they were.

Keep in mind being sanctioned and having the course certified are different. A lot of people who aren't familiar with USATF get them confused. Being certified is about the accuracy of the course measurement. Being sanctioned involves following USATF rules and having the race eligible for record consideration, championship status, insurance coverage and other benefits.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

From the Internet.

I'm always impressed when someone runs their fastest mile at the end of a 5k.  I'm usually hanging on for dear life lol

Agreed! Nice race Zel, I always love reading your RRs Smile

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Keep in mind being sanctioned and having the course certified are different. A lot of people who aren't familiar with USATF get them confused. Being certified is about the accuracy of the course measurement. Being sanctioned involves following USATF rules and having the race eligible for record consideration, championship status, insurance coverage and other benefits.

Yup.  Started really learning all that myself this past year.

Agreed, though overall should always go by gun - its the main reason coach has us line up at the front (per our expected performance level).

"You can't win if you don't start on the line"

and  Zel,

Nice race!

Docket_Rocket

Great job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations on your AG win. Outstanding.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Zelanie

Photos are up!  I wasn't really expecting them at a 5K, but I guess since it was part of a larger event they were there.

Here's the difference between the two events, both in crowd size and in my pacing.  Same spot. Smile

5K Saturday

HM Sunday

At the start.  The little kid on the left went sub-20 and was close enough to me at the turnaround that he must have had a massive negative split.

At the finish

LRB

Nice pics!  Your stride is very consistent. Once you find your groove you will be able to predict your race results with a fair amount of accuracy.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yet, I do notice that in both those first photos of you, you are floating in each....nice!  Congrats on both your races, you rock, Mel!

Photos are up!  I wasn't really expecting them at a 5K, but I guess since it was part of a larger event they were there.

Here's the difference between the two events, both in crowd size and in my pacing.  Same spot. Smile

5K Saturday

HM Sunday

At the start.  The little kid on the left went sub-20 and was close enough to me at the turnaround that he must have had a massive negative split.

At the finish

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt