Beginners and Beyond

Do you untie your running shoes before you take them off? (Read 345 times)

Creawood

I untie them. I can't slip them on/off unless I do.

+1 to this.  Whaddyou people all have, rubber feet?

Walk-Jogger

I had to pull off one of my running shoes off last night after running on the indoor track because the knot somehow turned itself into a KNOT! and I couldn't untie it. I was barely able to get the shoe off, even though I don't tie my laces tight. 

It has never before even occurred to me to take my running shoes off without untying them first, so I'm totally amazed at how many of you's do this!?  I don't generally wear socks anymore, so my shoes fits snugly even without tightening up the laces much. One advantage is, they won't come off in a race as easily if someone steps on my heel. Or so I assume. Can't recall that ever happening to me in a race. 

Retired &  Loving It

I am The Tortoise

No. I use yankz! brand speed laces. They are elastic and the shoes can be slipped on and off effortlessly even if they are adjusted snug.

I used to.

Penguin Forever

I have to untie them to get them off my feet, so yes.
            redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Always untie first.

I am too particular about fit and have to snug mine up just right or I won't head out the door.

Because of that and the fact that I have high arches, there's no way I could kick them puppies off.

Randy

CeeDotA

I don't, but I do untie them to put them on.

Current PRs:

5K: 27:06 (11/10/12) | 5M: 44:03 (6/1/13) | 10K: 1:00:48 (7/4/12)

15K: 1:27:53 (3/17/13) | 10M: 1:30:25 (4/13/13) | HM: 1:59:55 (4/28/13)

Next race: Ashland 4th of July 10K

xor

Good lord.  4 pages on how people take off shoes.

Antipodean

I am way too OCD not to untie them each time. Never kick of shoes with laces. In fact, ugh. And I never double knot them. A few years ago the laces on running shoes changed and now they are less likely to come lose. In fact, I never have to retie laces while running unless I tied them too tight or lose in the beginning.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Love the Half

And one decision to click on a thread and then type in a response complaining about people wasting their time clicking on a thread and typing in a response.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

And one decision to click on a thread and then type in a response complaining about people wasting their time clicking on a thread and typing in a response.

Whatever... I am guessing that this is all you could come up with  in lieu of your normal ego based opinion disguised as facts.

and SRL..this should come as no surprise from the BF.  I've seen 6+ pages on how to breathe...carry on.

bobruns

I was just thinking the same thing.  FUNNY!

Just for the record...I do not untie my shoes...

Ric-G

yup, only runners....and I untie 90% of the time...

marathon pr - 3:16

sugnim

I untie them first.  Unless I am really, really tired & sore.  Then I kick them off & feel guilty.

runmomto3boys

Never.