Beginners and Beyond

Oops, I forgot it's Valentine's Wednesdailies (Read 49 times)

RunningOnSand

11 miles, 30s & drizzly.

Don't call it a come back! Big grin

RunningOnSand

Docket, I hope your hubby feels better soon and you don't get whatever he has!

And that's an awful way to go!

RD for me.  I had planned to run during lunch today, but I don't want to mess up my hair for date night.  There, I said it, I'm shallow.  DH is taking me to our current favorite Italian restaurant for dinner.  Other than a nice dinner out, we don't do anything special for the day.

I'm trying to be good and not waste my calories today, but somebody brought donuts into the office this morning and the building is giving out cupcakes this afternoon.  This is going to be difficult.

THANK YOU! This is a real thing. B/c obviously you can't just wash your hair every day (I certainly do not) so i have to plan on certain social activities with hair washing. It's a total PITA and I'm annoyed by the "off-days".  Oh, and re: donuts: I'd eat them.

RunningOnSand

At a recent group run, discussion turned to various medical issues and one guy told the story of his cousin (mid 60s) going for his annual check-up. The doctor told him that everything looked fine and congratulated him that he was as fit as the doctor himself. That night the doctor died in his sleep.

This, and Docket's WF co-worker: holy shit. I don't even know what to say about either of those. Except for holy shit, again.

And Onemile, oh my word. That sounds so incredibly painful and I winced for you. Ouch, ouch, ouch.

I ran 5'ish miles outside, again, in the nearly 30 degree weather. I loved every second. It was supposed to be an easy paced run, but I realized at the end of my run that I was nearly spent, and it wasn't super easy paced. Should have been 30s/mi slower. Oh well. Live and learn? Try to be more mindful, I guess.

Valentines day is the stupidest holiday.  I truly truly truly DGAF about it.  Ergo, I'm pissed as hell because after a very straightforward discussion a couple days ago about the fact that I did not want to do anything about it at all, a wish that was (allegedly) mirrored by the hubs, and at the conclusion of this discussion I got full agreement that we would do NOTHING, I woke up to a fucking card and gift.  That's not actually a nice gesture.  If we agreed on the rules, don't fucking change that shit so you look like a good guy and I look like an asshole.  I realize I'm not necessarily normal in my DGAF sentiments, but geezus.  We had a fucking agreement.  Respect the agreement.

It is my puppy's first birthday today though, which is very exciting because: RUNNING BUDDY!!!!  If I can get him to stop spazzing out enough to not kill me in the process.

I took out my breach of contract rage on 8x800 repeats this morning.  Turns out rage is a powerful motivator, the paces were sub target by a second or two, so woo hoo for that.  10 miles total.  Actually, those were the easiest 800s I've ever done, so maybe I need to rethink my training paces.

All you wonderful people who do like and celebrate this holiday, I have much love and respect for you, and want you to have lots of fun and delicious Italian food and gorgeous hair.  Enjoy!

MTA: Onemile, I'm so sorry.  I dropped a dinner plate on my toe once, same result, it was so painful.  I'm glad it's not messing up your running.  And Docket, dayum, pneumonia to dead is dramatic and scary.  Glad I got the flu shot, that's really sad!

delicate flower

Run done.  10 x 2:00 intervals were just ok.  6:45 avg pace and the splits were all over the damn map thanks to the wind.  I found an iPhone on the side of the rail trail.  I'll be meeting "dad" at a bagel shop in a half hour to return it.  I'm an android guy myself, and I could not figure out how to use than damn iPhone.  Now I know what it feels like to be an old person trying figure out technology.

<3

Bert-o

I lost my rama

All you wonderful people who do like and celebrate this holiday, I have much love and respect for you, and want you to have lots of fun and delicious Italian food and gorgeous hair.  Enjoy!

Shit, I've been doing it all wrong!  You should tell DH if he wants to do something for you, tell him to do the one thing he absolutely hates to do, whether it be laundry, cleaning out the garage, dressing in drag, etc.  Now that's a show of love.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was 5 what I had today so I ran 5 on the TM and lifted.

As you saw, we had a school shooting here (close to my court, a bit North).  Fortunately, none of my coworkers had kids there or leave in that area.

Ouch, onemile.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 12 x 1:30 hard, 1 minute recover. A few intervals started with a 7. We're going out to dinner tomorrow night so we don't have to deal with as many people.

I wash my hair every work day. Apparently I am doing it wrong according to all the hair experts. I have curly hair, it looks like crap if I try to revive it after sleeping on it, pulling it back, etc. By the time I soak it with water and everything else, it would take less time to wash it.

LM, DH and I had a similar discussion at Christmas. The constant deliveries gave away that he was not following through, so I then went Christmas shopping too.

Docket, hope DH feels better.

Onemile, ouch!

Bert-o, a true sign of love was DH buying a coffee maker for me to keep in his apartment when we were dating. He hates the smell, taste, etc.

Cyberic

I'm not a Valentine's day myself. The woman did not break the contract. She does like to make the meal a little extra. We always cook together, but tonight I was the helper. Filet mignon salad (or do you ccall that tenderloin?), and for desert, a chocolate fondue.

sdWhiskers

THANK YOU! This is a real thing. B/c obviously you can't just wash your hair every day (I certainly do not) so i have to plan on certain social activities with hair washing. It's a total PITA and I'm annoyed by the "off-days".  Oh, and re: donuts: I'd eat them.

I wash my hair every single day. I gave up on drying and styling it years ago though.

Italiana626

The Latecomer

Single girl for many years, here. So I sorta hate this day when it comes to social media.

USRD, thanks to the hip flexor. Icing and resting it, hopefully just for today.

Where's LRB?

As you saw, we had a school shooting here (close to my court, a bit North).  Fortunately, none of my coworkers had kids there or leave in that area.

I'd never heard of Parkland, but looks like only about 6 miles from where my parents live.

Dave

Coastal

Onemile>  OUCH.  That must've hurt like hell.

LM:   Sounds like the training is coming together just at the right time.

Personally I kind of like Valentines Day.

Another day off.  Knee was complaining and whining today and tonight.  Probably just need to get some exercise and stretching in.  Maybe try it tomorrow.

RunningOnSand

I'd never heard of Parkland, but looks like only about 6 miles from where my parents live.

And it's, what, the 18th from this year alone? Sad Sad Sad I just can't.