Beginners and Beyond

Good (not great) Fridalies (Read 30 times)

Docket_Rocket

Your statement can't just end there.

Ok, I'll ask: why?

Too heavy, or they bug my arthritic toe too much (too much suck bunching). Also, I used to run in Adidas a lot, but now I hate the toe box size (too narrow).  Same with Adidas.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

So to continue the shoe saga.

Since I decided to return the Hyperions, I had go back to the Brooks store. So I tried the Asteria again and it had a lot better fit in the forefoot area. So I made the exchange, and will try to race in the Asteria tomorrow, right out of the box. Ha. The warmup will be the test run. I will take a pair of land yachts with me just in case.

Anyway, I'm talking to the sales guy, I mentiom how I like to buy the old models because cheap. He mentions the Brooks outlet store in the area, which I didn't know existed till a couple weeks ago. But it just so happens this weekend they are having some big blowout weekend warehouse sale that they do twice a year, where they bring in all the stock of old models. So I headed straight over, and get there right when they are closing. Came away with 2 pair of Adrenaline 15s for $40 each. I wish onemile could've been there; Ghost 8s for $50 each. I was tempted but reluctant to go back to a version I hadn't worn, since all sales were final. Of course in some cases the colors were exactly the ones you'd expect to be left unsold. But still.

There is a Brooks Outlet?  Awesome.

Thanks to you, I just bought a pair of fucking Hitogami 4s.  Thanks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

There is a Brooks Outlet?  Awesome.

Thanks to you, I just bought a pair of fucking Hitogami 4s.  Thanks.

This place is 5 miles from my house and I had no idea it existed. 

And you're welcome.

Dave

onemile

I wish onemile could've been there; Ghost 8s for $50 each.

I wear women's size 9! For next time!

From the Internet.

I wear women's size 9! For next time!

I also wear a women's size 9! I love the Launch and have both Paypal and Venmo if you find a super good deal!