Beginners and Beyond

Cranky Penguin Fridailies! (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's Cranky Co-workers Day!!  Sometimes I am the cranky co-worker, sometimes my tech is.  Mostly we avoid having the crankies on the same day, so that's all good.  And we're not cranky TOO often, so that's good too.  But hey, if you have a cranky co-worker, now is the day to break out the Nerf darts.

How's the day going?

Ginny, hoping for answers from the bloodwork!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and maybe weights.

Cranky co-workers?  I have bitchy and asshole coworkers, but only two.

HopesMom, it's good to rotate on being the cranky coworker. Smile

Damaris

GinnyinPA

D - you're lucky you only have two, since you work with a lot of people. I had a coworker at my last job who was always miserable. She complained about everything. I was not entirely surprised when she died before the age of 50 of a stroke.

HM - I hope your weekend is a good one, with no cranky people to deal with.

Jim and I were both cranky yesterday, but that seems to have passed. Running helped me ease the stress.  Jim probably got into an online flame war to get rid of his crankiness. Ben never did get cranky, though he's the one that was poked and prodded, shaved and xrayed and ultrasounded. I think he must have fought them when they were trying to shave his belly, judging by the scrape marks. But once we were together again, he was happy, especially once he was able to eat again.

I ran 9.4 miles. I didn't feel very energetic, but the pace was good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Most of us work like a family. These two have had at least 7 complaints for discrimination in the last 5 years. Sometimes, people are just mediocre, just sayin’.  They just can’t fathom that.

Damaris