Beginners and Beyond

Most insufferable TV personalities (Read 92 times)

Hip Redux

Stephen A Smith + Skip Bayless get my vote.   They edge out Kathie Lee and Hoda by a nose.

My husband left the TV on for the dog this morning and it's on ESPN.  I thought I would be able to last my lunch hour with them on, but I can't.  I just can't.

happylily

I dislike Piers Morgan. Of the people you mention, I only know Kathie Lee. Can't stand her. Oh and that bulldog who's always screaming, Nancy something? Can't stand her either. Can anyone?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Chris Berman.  He is the only person on TV that I truly can't stand.  My experience is pretty much limited to sports since that's about all I watch.

Oh, and Jemele Hill.  Can.not.stand.  I won't listen to Mike and Mike when she fills in.  At least my exposure to her is limited.

<3

Hip Redux

Chris Berman.  He is the only person on TV that I truly can't stand.  My experience is pretty much limited to sports since that's about all I watch.

"Back back back back back back ... GONE!"

Oh and.... "Marshall, Marshall, Marshall!"

Hip Redux

I dislike Piers Morgan. Of the people you mention, I only know Kathie Lee. Can't stand her. Oh and that bulldog who's always screaming, Nancy something? Can't stand her either. Can anyone?

Nancy Grace.  She's terrible.

Crap, only 3 posts and you've hit all my big ones already.

Maybe add Dick Vitale in the sports department; along with Berman a guy who's way outlived his entertainment value.

I would also add almost anyone you see on Fox News, but that may depend on where you sit on the political spectrum. Although in fact you can add most of the people on MSNBC as well.

I'm sure I can come up with some more, but I've actually been spending all my time watching Netflix since I signed up a few weeks ago. (I don't mean all my TV-watching time, I mean ALL. MY. TIME.)

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

DH watches MSNBC weekend mornings and spends a good chunk of time yelling at the TV. His main source of agitation is Melissa Harris Perry. I don't like watching her, so when DH leaves the room, I change the channel.

Docket_Rocket

I know you don't watch a lot of of the basic cable channels when you don't know who the people you are mentioning are!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RSX

Greta Van Susteran. I saw her interview Peterson the ex-cop who allegedly killed 2 wives more than once. I said never again when she started asking him questions on his dating life. Was OJ busy pre-jail? 1 of her experts used to be Mark Fuhrman.

LRB

Stephen A Smith + Skip Bayless get my vote.  

I absolutely love First Take.  Love it, love it, love it!  It's even better when they are discussing a polarizing figure such as Tim Tebow, or topic such as when RG3 was unceremoniously benched.

It's obviously a shtick, and they are not actually taking themselves seriously, but no different than Pardon the Interruption with Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon they are just doing what most men do; debate sports....which would probably explain your disdain for them.  lol

You are not alone:

Her: "You watch this show everyday"

Me: "Yep"

Translation?  She hates that fuckin show!  lol

Hip Redux

I absolutely love First Take.  Love it, love it, love it!  It's even better when they are discussing a polarizing figure such as Tim Tebow, or topic such as when RG3 was unceremoniously benched.

It's obviously a shtick, and they are not actually taking themselves seriously, but no different than Pardon the Interruption with Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon they are just doing what most men do; debate sports....which would probably explain your disdain for them.  lol

You are not alone:

Her: "You watch this show everyday"

Me: "Yep"

Translation?  She hates that fuckin show!  lol

PTI is on my NO WATCH list as well!   Ugh, I can't take it!

Highly Questionable is more my speed.  I love Bomani Jones!   And I listened to Dan LeBatard's radio show years ago.

PADRunner

Nancy Grace.  She's terrible.

+1

LRB

PTI is on my NO WATCH list as well!   Ugh, I can't take it!

Highly Questionable is more my speed.  I love Bomani Jones!   And I listened to Dan LeBatard's radio show years ago.

Hmm, I would have pegged you as a Numbers Never Lie type of gal.  I swear I cannot get it right!

Dan Lebatard does nothing for me, but I can appreciate it if he does for others.

Hip Redux

And for the record, I also like Mike & Mike.

But the constant, inane, repetitive debating about the most minuscule and irrelevant portions of sports?  

LRB

Mike & Mike grew on me...like an unwanted appendage that I eventually found a use for.  lol