Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 24 times)

LRB

I have a .48 mile loop I've been doing around my block, since it is flat and very quiet, and I can jump back onto my work computer should something come up. 

Today was 19 laps and I counted three cars. 

That is convenient. Back in my run around the track days pre-Garmin, I'm sure I ran a dozen laps too many and not enough while manually counting 32 laps twice per week during the winter.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles. I'm gonna need to find a new loop since schools start back in limited form on Monday. The school parking lot was nice while it lasted.

sdWhiskers, I've cursed about a "loose dog" in our yard only to realize it's a fox. It was trotting by my window this morning.

onemile

Ran 10 this morning

Knocking off work at 3:30 because it’s Friday and because fuck it.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Knocking off work at 3:30 because it’s Friday and because fuck it.

I climbed into the hot tub at 3:15...

Docket_Rocket

I can expand on my post:

42 degrees and sunny for my run.  Beautiful.  I have a .48 mile loop I've been doing around my block, since it is flat and very quiet, and I can jump back onto my work computer should something come up.  I only glance at my Garmin every second time I run past my house, figuring the distance should be .95-.97 miles, depending on how strong the satellite connection is.  I run on the wrong side of the road, with cars, since that is the outside of the loop and is thus slightly longer.  Today was 19 laps and I counted three cars.  These runs seem to go by really fast for whatever reason, and I am sure part of that is because I don't have to stop for any reason.

The loop that takes me from my house around the "block" is 0.55. I did the same during the summer in the middle of the work day. I did stop a lot, answered emails, etc. and called it multitasking for 2 miles.

My asthma is still meh so I ended up running 1.5 on the TM, quitting, and then just lifted.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

San Diego RnR marathon moved to Oct 24.

Don't they know that Oct is fire season here? That means HOT and smoky 

San Diego RnR marathon moved to Oct 24.

Don't they know that Oct is fire season here? That means HOT and smoky 

That sounds fun. No news about Seattle.

Dave

sdWhiskers

That sounds fun. No news about Seattle.

There's a list of all the other RnR races I can defer to. No Seattle