Beginners and Beyond

All Aboard the THURSDAILIES Crazy Train (Read 38 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Basya, you should run outside in case you have to keep blowing your nose..I bet the gym staff frowns on 'snot rockets' being shot inside the gym. 

Coffeee...BLECH!    Hope it helps you though, Rick.

Good luck with the windy, rainy miles Step.  It's windy and rainy here this morning, but not really cold, 62 degrees.  On the drive to work I saw two dedicated power walkers - they were moving at about my running pace, lol -  out in this stuff doing their thing, good for them!   This miserable weather won't last long though, we will be clearing soon and by this afternoon...very sunny!  That will be good because San Antonio folks are REALLY lousy drivers in bad weather.  Right now we have two ongoing major accidents and two of our main thoroughfares for commuting are going to be closed down for at least 2 hours.  I am SO glad I left early this morning and took the back roads to work.

Congrats on the 7 miles, D2.  Sorry about not warming up though.  Come visit San Antonio, problem solved. 

Lots of folks running early today!  Me, I am SO not a morning runner.  But I will be soon when Texas summer starts.  Way to go on the TM miles, DaveP!  Sorry you're still on the TM though, hope it warms up for you soon.

Hope you have a great run today, Baboon!

Tom, you should log that errant-tree-work as cross-training!  Sounds like a full body workout to me.

Happy miles later, Lily!   My local TV weather forecaster reported on Canada last night - comparing us to them, lol - letting us know to be happy we are in San Antonio because yet another storm was heading to Canada, this time in the Halifax area. Jeez.  When  the heck does all that bad weather end for you....July 1 through July 7?  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Shari, enjoy your run.

Dave, bravo on the 7.1. Boo on the cold.

DaveP MI, great job doing eight before work.

Phil, have a wonderful post-work run. That's a crappy forecast.

Lily, enjoy your run tonight.

scottydawg, have a fantastic four-miler.

6.2 miles in 1:01:36. 9:57 pace. I kept it at a steady 6.0mph (10:00) for the first 5.50 miles. Then, every .10 mile, I increased the speed:

5.50 to 5.60 - 6.1mph (9:49)

5.60 to 5.70 - 6.2mph (9:40)

5.70 to 5.80 - 6.3mph (9:31)

5.80 to 5.90 - 6.4mph (9:22)

5.90 to 6.00 - 6.5mph (9:13)

6.00 to 6.10 - 6.6mph (9:05)

6.10 to 6.20 - 6.7mph (8:57)

Last night, I started taking pseudoephedrine for my congestion. It's working, but, instead of calling it the non-drowsy version, the manufacturer should call it the bitch-please-you-ain't-gonna sleep-while-I'm-in-your-life version.

BTDT! Too bad they don't make anything else, though, that will actually work to make it possible to breathe.

9 miles done - flat as a pancake, but slower than yesterday's hills. Dang, my legs are tired (maybe because according to my log, I've run 243 miles in the last 30 days?). I did get rained on some, but with temps in the upper 30s, and wearing a jacket and tights, it wasn't at all unpleasant.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning

Tom are you sore from the tree removal?

i haven't run yet but will. Trying to stretch the hip out some. May need to cut the miles today. We will see.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Shari, enjoy your run.

Dave, bravo on the 7.1. Boo on the cold.

DaveP MI, great job doing eight before work.

Phil, have a wonderful post-work run. That's a crappy forecast.

Lily, enjoy your run tonight.

scottydawg, have a fantastic four-miler.

6.2 miles in 1:01:36. 9:57 pace. I kept it at a steady 6.0mph (10:00) for the first 5.50 miles. Then, every .10 mile, I increased the speed:

5.50 to 5.60 - 6.1mph (9:49)

5.60 to 5.70 - 6.2mph (9:40)

5.70 to 5.80 - 6.3mph (9:31)

5.80 to 5.90 - 6.4mph (9:22)

5.90 to 6.00 - 6.5mph (9:13)

6.00 to 6.10 - 6.6mph (9:05)

6.10 to 6.20 - 6.7mph (8:57)

Last night, I started taking pseudoephedrine for my congestion. It's working, but, instead of calling it the non-drowsy version, the manufacturer should call it the bitch-please-you-ain't-gonna sleep-while-I'm-in-your-life version.

This is cough/cold syrup....

...and this is Basya on the stuff....

Good luck Basya.... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

Basya, stinks about not getting in to NYC, but you definitely have a first world problem going on there when your backup is Athens, Greece. Smile Hopefully you feel better. DW is also going through a cold now, but she can't take anything because she's expecting.

Shari, when's your next marathon? You've been putting in these crazy miles for a while and I expect it's for some sort of race.

Still doing the cut-back week thing. This morning was 3 Easy miles on the TM. It's pretty nice. My left foot is feeling decent with this cut back in mileage.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

LRB

5.5 miles done.  A little faster than I would have liked but I ran it at easy effort and the pace fell where it did.

Just B.S.

Hey all. I've been busy lately. So much snow to shovel all the time. Wink Plus swim, bike, run, work,,,,,

,,,,you know the drill...........anyway this is not what we needed after being pounded with at least 2 storms

a week all winter........yesterdays tally from the blizzard....19+ inches.........6-8 more coming on Sunday

Spring where for art thou? Training for a spring marathon is tough enough here normally but this year

has been particularly tough.

First pic - our deck a few days ago after the weekend storm

Second pic - our deck part way through the blizzard yesterday

Swimming at lunch. 7-8 miles on the mill tonight plus helping hubby clear the deck of it's burden.

LRB

Crazy!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Today will be around the mid 50's BUT horribly windy so sadly I doubt I will be able to take Dorian for a walk but we'll probably be able to go out in the woods a little while at work.

Dorian had me up for like 2-3 hours and then we passed out on the couch, I don't think he'll be eating anymore of those Arby's curly fries, he was in severe stomach pains most of the night Sad poor guy.

Me is lovin' some coffee right now.

Beth, I feel really, really, really, really, really, really >>>>>>>>>REALLY sorry for you Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just B.S.

Happy miles later, Lily!   My local TV weather forecaster reported on Canada last night - comparing us to them, lol - letting us know to be happy we are in San Antonio because yet another storm was heading to Canada, this time in the Halifax area. Jeez.  When  the heck does all that bad weather end for you....July 1 through July 7?  

Scotty, that is my localish area. We made the news in Texas. Yee Hah!LOL

See my pics from said storm. Need to get that deck shoveled before Sunday's storm of 6-8 inches hits.

Thanks F.S., of course we are used to winter and bad weather but this year with months of absolutely frigid

temps, 25+ snowfalls, several blizzards, an ice storm that lasted for 2+ days at Christmas and left tens of

thousands without power (inculding me) over the holidays..........well it's just been a very long very cold very

frustrating  winter.

Environment Canada is saying no warm-up to spring like temps for us until at least mid April. I had a trail

race through the woods on April 26th. May have to wear snowboots Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

4.6 easy/recovery paced miles in "feels like" 7 degrees. Why is it still winter even though it's spring?!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Morning!  You guys were totally right- my 1600s were really no big deal at that pace.  Fun, even.  It started raining during the second one and pouring for the last one with a strong wind, but that's nothing compared to what some of you are dealing with.

Today my heel is sore again, but that usually gets better as I move around.  I will probably run 4 later.

Docket_Rocket

Will be in the 80s for pretty much the rest of the week and beyond for San Antonio.....

Very sunny today after work and 82 degrees.  However, unlike Damaris' Miami, here in San Antonio we will have LOW humidity and LOW dewpoint, making it feel pretty good outside.    I plan to do about 4 miles after work, but have not decided where yet.  Tough problem  - I have WAY too many running routes to choose from!

Rub it in!

Morning!  Did 7 miles on the TM and then went straight to court (on the phone).  My cold is pretty bad today so I dropped at 7.  Hubby caught bronchitis and I hope I don't catch it because my asthma is bad as it is.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Rub it in!

Actually he can keep that.  I would implode racing in those temps!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Nothing. I've had state auditors at several facilities so far today. While I can take my phone with me, I can't take the computer and if they need something signed or sent right away being a mile or more from home won't work. No biggie. Will maybe get a few in if they leave.

Marjorie