Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: To be or not to be? (Read 37 times)

LRB

This was a good Dailies thread today, sorry I'm coming in so late.  It was one of those days where I was in a race against the clock all day long.  Got up early to drive to the Bay Area for a dental appointment, and just made it in time.  Finished that up, and then ran some more errands, which mean by 2 I was sitting  in horrible traffic getting over the one lane road to the ocean.

Got to my house at 3 p.m., dashed inside to put on my running gear, and then dashed out to go to the coast trail for 16 miles w/ 12 at GMP.  Didn't have time for lunch (unless you count Gu).   It was 80 degrees, which explains all the heavy traffic as it's almost never this warm along the Nor Cal. coast.  Did 4 miles of warm-up, followed by 11 at GM.  I then kind of crashed and burned and converted the last mile into GMP+10% and called it a cool-down.   Ate a bag of potato chips, showered and just got caught up on the Dailies.

Good luck Zel on Sunday!!!!!!!!!

You did great!  

happylily

You did great!  

She sure did!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

outoftheblue

Thanks guys.  I felt pretty bedraggled out there by the end -- it was definitely one of the tougher training runs I've done.

Life is good.

happylily

Thanks guys.  I felt pretty bedraggled out there by the end -- it was definitely one of the tougher training runs I've done.

Running long after a hectic day is tough. You got it done and it's a victory. Remember how you persevered today next time you encounter a rough moment in a race. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Thanks, guys!

OOTB- Nice run!  And farther than I've gone so far at GMP. 

The pacers' booth had pace bands there adjusted for the course itself.  That is really handy.  I picked up the 4:05 band, which was already what I'd decided on, but felt even better about that decision after looking at the course-adjusted splits on the 4:00 and 4:10 bands.  And the college I went to had a booth there for some reason, and gave me a tech shirt.  They still don't have the tracking information up, but for what it's worth, I'm bib #3141.  I might need to imagine some virtual mojo every time I go over a mat.