Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES Trek into Darkness (Read 38 times)

I thought it was the opposite.   but I haven't looked at McMillan for awhile.

Nice workout though. 5 is a lot at that pace.

Ha! It's Pfitz, but dammit you're right. So I guess 7:20ish is correct. Either way I was pretty worried because the only thing I've done at that kind of pace was something like 3x2. So to do 5 straight was pretty intimidating, but worked out OK. Eventually I've got to do 7. 

Dave

onemile

Ha! It's Pfitz, but dammit you're right. So I guess 7:20ish is correct. Either way I was pretty worried because the only thing I've done at that kind of pace was something like 3x2. So to do 5 straight was pretty intimidating, but worked out OK. Eventually I've got to do 7. 

Oops. I meant Pfitz. But yes, I remember from when I was doing his HM plan.  But 5 straight at 15k is tough.  Even at HMP.  And 7? 

Runshortii

3 miles. slow, but first run without any walk breaks post tibial sfx. Had a weird feeling in the area towards the end, but then it went away before I finished the run. So keeping fingers crossed. Wind sucked. I hate wisconsin winter running!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The big deal is habit. I would not miss the watch if it didn't exist, or if I didn't own one. Just a watch and mile markers would be fine (This is 2016: there are always distance markers in races). But I do own one and it's so cool!

The comment was made half in jest, but reliance on a watch, even from habit, is not a good practice. Watches can break or not record distance and pace well because of the course layout. Distance markers can be misplaced or even removed by vandals. I've even seen screw ups with the digital clocks. Knowing the course and having the chronometer function is all you should need.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

3 miles. slow, but first run without any walk breaks post tibial sfx. Had a weird feeling in the area towards the end, but then it went away before I finished the run. So keeping fingers crossed. Wind sucked. I hate wisconsin winter running!

Ah yes, let the mental games begin. They can sometimes be as equally as bad as the injury itself! This period of the return to running is known around these parts as the mind fuck. Try not to let it drive you insane!