Beginners and Beyond

Murphy's Law takes over the Penguin Tuesdailies!! (Read 13 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

So I'm driving down the road, sipping my coffee.  When, of course, some of it goes down my windpipe and I have to cough.  Resulting in a coffee explosion all down the front of my shirt.  So I'm trying frantically to inhale, which is not easy, and also not wreck at the same time.  I managed to cough it out somewhat, then took the next exit and pulled off for mopping up and more coughing.  So now I'm at work, looking rather interesting and smelling strongly of coffee.  Woo-hoo!!

How's your day going, Penguins?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

HsM, glad you got there safely.

Right before the McDonalds coffee lawsuit, when coffee used to be really hot, I got coffee on my way to work and held it between my legs because I had no cup holder in my car. It spilled and my pants got soaked and it was literally scalding hot. I managed to pull over and jump out, at least until it cooled off. I went on to work but pretty much had to go home right away because I had 2nd degree burns on my crotch. Yikes!

Zelanie

Buy today is better than that day so far. I am going to attempt to make plater handprints with my class. I will also attempt to run 1 mile.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ran 13 miles this morning on the TM and then headed to the doctor and back to work at home.  Last week working from home and I'm going to miss the flexibility of running when I feel like it while still putting long hours.  Oh and no commute.  Pilates later.

HopesMom, ugh.  I've had that happened with an Ensure (I usually don't drink coffee).  Ugh.

Z, ouch!

Damaris

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon Pens!

HsM - that sounds awful.  I can't imagine choking while driving!!

Also Zel - that sounds terrible.  My solution to this problem - coffee that's been made lukewarm by the addition of a whole of almond milk :-)

DR - enjoy your last week of avoiding the terrible commute.  Is it just not possible to have this arrangement on a regular basis?

I'm heading out for a run shortly.  Of course I haven't run since Thursday (yep yep, shoot me, NYCM will be hell on earth).  But in happier news, we were able to negotiate a price with the seller of the home we are interested in.  We are doing the home inspection is Friday.  Assuming all goes well we are looking at a mid September closing date :-)  We aren't officially under contract yet (FSBO) but she has agreed to pull the house from the market and not accept any more offers for a 10 day period.

It should be interesting given that DH will be out of state for 4 days for a trial right around closing/when we have to move.  Hopefully it will settle and his case will not mean that I have to do the home buying and moving process all by myself.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wish, but no.  Only allowed to work from home once a week and if there is a way to try to cancel the day on me, they do.  It's ridiculous, since I don't have to be at the office to do my job and my court is not even near the office at all.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Jill, sounds exciting!!  I know you'll be glad to have everything settled!!