Beginners and Beyond

Rupp went for the US 5k record tonight (Read 81 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

That is awesome!!

I don't know that he will ever become a marathoner.  I know that there are folks who would like him to but he is so good at the middle distance stuff.

Those splits are REEEEEEEEEDONKULOUS!!!  

EDIT:  Video (if not overly exhuberant) here ------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJkFwSoGUkw

You actually get a pretty good idea of how fast he is running as he goes by.  Gazelles around the world are jealous tonight!

Randy

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Mary Cain also had a good race, though I think she fell short of her goal.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

RSX

I saw this on FaceBook tonight. This happened here at Boston U. and Galen has 2 more races here over the next few weeks.

In addition to Galen, we also had other folks tonight you may recognize.

BU Multi-Team Meet - 1/16
          Women's 1k: Shannon Rowbury, Mary Cain, Treniere Moser, and Jordan Hasay
          Men's 5k: Galen Rupp and Cam Levins...

Here is what we have coming up: I hope to make 1 of them.

BU Terrier Invitational - 1/24 - 25
          Women's Mile: Shannon Rowbury, Jordan Hasay, Mary Cain, and Treniere Moser
          Men's Two-Mile: Galen Rupp
          Men's 1k: Matt Centrowitz

BU Valentine Invitational - 2/8
          Men's Mile: Galen Rupp

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Cain got the headlines on the IAAF page, while Rupp's race was almost a footnote.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

hog4life

These times are just mind boggling to me!

He can't even run under 13 minutes?  Even I can run under 13 minute miles Smile

/trolltastic!

LRB

I don't know that he will ever become a marathoner.  I know that there are folks who would like him to but he is so good at the middle distance stuff.

I am not sure how I feel about that.  I know that is the great expectation of all American runners these days but he is coming into his own in middle distance racing, I would hate to see him struggle with injuries and what not chasing marathon glory before his time.

I would actually prefer to see Dathan Ritzenhein take the marathon reigns, as he has been so close of late, and has put in the miles so to speak.

delicate flower

I've read that he plans on tackling the marathon in the future, but he's still got a lot of unfinished business in shorter races first.

13.01 in the 5000m and he is getting faster....un-frikkin-real.

<3

Cain keeps looking like she is the real deal.  She now holds the U.S. junior indoor records for the 1000, 1500, 3000, mile, and two mile. She's going after the 800m next month.

You never know what may happen but with her, Sarah Baxter, Alexa Efraimson, and Elise Cranny the future of women's mid-distance running looks promising. I can't remember having that much talent at the high school level before.

LRS

Chasing Muses

Mary Cain also had a good race, though I think she fell short of her goal.

MMQB -  I just don't see how Nike thought Fawn Dorr would be a reliable pacer. But to be fair, I haven't seen the race so I don't know what really went so wrong in that first 400.