Beginners and Beyond

Another freakin' heat wave Penguin Wednesday (Read 18 times)

Brilliant

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

I ran 4.9 this morning.  We have an excessive heat warning in effect.    It was about 77 when I began and quickly heated up to 80+ with annoyingly bright morning sunshine, I literally had sweat dripping from my elbows.

Now I have to go to core class.  They'll appreciate that I showered.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

LOL Allsion =D

Same deal here in NYC.  Looks like I'll be rocking out my 9 on the treadmill in a bit.  I've gameified it a bit - since I watch shows on hulu I eek up the speed a bit during the commercials.  It keeps me from getting terribly bored.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  I have 10 with 6 at MP tonight.

Brilliant, it could be feels like 95F there, like it was here at 7am! What's the forecast for the race now?

sapf, hope you enjoyed the 9.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Brilliant, it could be feels like 95F there, like it was here at 7am! What's the forecast for the race now?

yeah I always feel like such a pansy when I complain about the weather in your earshot. 

Because the race starts so early, it should be in the 60s at the start, and only up to low 70s when I fly through the finish line in 2:12!  

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Since the DP was only 55, we didn't wear singlets today,  That was a mistake, but we got our mid week, middling run done.   Run walked 6, including a bridge.  Hope you coastal penguins get some relief.

PADRunner

We had a cold front! It was raining this morning so ran after work. Temp was 10 degrees cooler at 84 humidity made up the diff to offset the temp drop.

7 HMP