Beginners and Beyond

Freezing TuesDAILIES (Read 47 times)

It feels like Winter happened overnight out there. Had to thrown on a LS and gloves. Took it super easy and hoping my legs come back for tomorrows 4x1's. 5mi 9:09avg pace.

Have a great day everyone

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

I'm gonna take a dip in mileage today. Gonna run 5 at lunch and that'll be all. Some VO2Max stuff, probably some 2.5 minutes intervals or so.

Have a good day everyone.

delicate flower

'Morning!  It's a swim and bike day.  Got the swim done this morning.  2400 yard masters workout.  Looks like I'll be putting the bike on the indoor trainer today...not enough daylight left to fit post-work outdoor rides in until spring.  Sad

37 degrees this morning.  FINALLY!!!  I love it.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Nothing, nada for me today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ran 8 under a swing moon (the crescent was on the bottom and it looked like a swing) and a dark sky full of stars. It was 46 degrees. I wore shorts, a singlet, arm sleeves and light gloves and it was glorious.

I wished that I had my phone to take a picture of that. Boo.

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

Thinking 8-10 later and will tryout the new Adidas Boost 3s!

Looking like we might do either another Half on Dec 9th or another 10K. It will depend on if it is way hot for the Half on Oct 29th-like last year  where we might drop down to the 4 miler?  It will be a good plan B if I bomb out on the Half too.

bluerun

Super B****

4.1 because "try and see what happens," and what happens is that it hurts, surprise surprise.  I should be thankful I didn't fall over and land on my face with exhaustion.  (Apparently I'm making my way down the hierarchy of needs -- 24 hours without food followed by 24 hours without sleep so I guess now I'm going to go 24 hours without air.  Sounds good.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Morning!  Nothing, nada for me today.

Dave

not lazy, just tired

Decided to get out and do an easy 3 miles at the reservoir. Took the pup along, a beautiful morning, mid to high 30's, sunny. no humidity, perfect!

Not if it makes sense.

RunningWithMyDog

Good morning.

Soooooo....

I bombed out of a marathon 4 weeks ago - which was 100% Mother Nature's fault.  It was simply too hot - resulting in my worst marathon ever, and the first time in my life I have walked during a race.  It was bad.

So bad that I've been pouting since then, not really doing any running.  Like, less than 20 km a week.

But this Sunday is the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, and I'm seriously contemplating signing up and just doing it.

The thing is, I had my best ever preparation for the marathon last month - I really hit the pavement all summer.  Lots and lots and lots of miles.

I'm about 5 lbs. heavier than a month ago, but feel like I've kept most of my fitness.  And I was probably a little over-trained for the one a month ago, so it's really tempting.

Anyhoo, will make the decision in the next day or so.

No running today - but I have a hockey game tonight, which is like a sprint workout.

Thinking about a 5k in 2 weeks, so I should probably start running again at some point. My PR 5k came 3 weeks after a PR marathon.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning I managed to get up and go to the gym

No automatic alt text available.

But I got home and wasn't able to go for a run, as Dorian wasn't too happy that I didn't leave him a drink.

After I dropped him off at school I went out to the woods with my camera, didn't get to see Big Boy but I got a few shots of some does.

I plan to take Dorian and Jetta for a run this afternoon after picking him up from school.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

zzyzx

Took yesterday off as running a 10k while sick turned out not to be the best long term health plan Wink

a whole bunch of lifting today and then the exercise bike, alpine setting level 12 32 minutes 12 miles even. Off to the southeast tonight!

Thinking about a 5k in 2 weeks, so I should probably start running again at some point. My PR 5k came 3 weeks after a PR marathon.

Also - I have done the same Turkey Trot the past 2 years, and won my AG both years, so planned to go for a threepeat. But DW we decided we're going out of town for Thanksgiving, so will have to miss it. We will actually be in Eugene, I thought maybe I'd look for one there. I can only find one Turkey Trot (there are a billion around here); looks like a big one, but it's a 4-mile race - WTF? I don't have so much interest in racing odd distances.

Dave

LRB

I bombed out of a marathon 4 weeks ago - which was 100% Mother Nature's fault.  It was simply too hot - resulting in my worst marathon ever, and the first time in my life I have walked during a race.  It was bad.

Ditto. Only mine occurred at Boston. It was the worst run of my running life, which is saying a lot because I had some real doozies in 2012 training for my first and second.

Anyway, no advice since I am absolutely awful at the distance. I would just say that should you do it, remember when things get tough, you wanted to be there. It doesn't sound like much but that mindset actually helped pull me through many a dark places late in races of all distances over the years.