Beginners and Beyond

National Penguin Running Wednes(day) (Read 10 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive

PADRunner

4 miles of speed work this morning. 2x400 w400 recovery and 1x800 for my National Running Day.

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, I celebrate un-birthdays, and I celebrated un-Mother's Day, so I guess I'll have to celebrate un-National Runner's Day!!  So I'll celebrate by quarteting tonight.  We have a short gig on Friday -- a friend is throwing a retirement party for another friend.  Her friend happens to be a bigwig downtown, so supposedly there will be other bigwigs in attendance, including the governor.  So we'll be singing for bigwigs!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning and Happy National (or Global) Running Day, PAD and Pengs.

Celebrated by cancelling our Wednesday morning group (that would be me and DW) run.  Now waiting for rain to let up.

Lucked out last night when an 8" branch fell on our family room with no visible damage.  It sounded like thunder when it hit.  Can't go out on the roof to check until the roof dries.  This might be the last straw for that tree.  Fortunately we have another that is really the sunblocker.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon Pens!

I finally got outside for a run.  I did a whopping 11 minutes :-P  Baby steps.  Then I did some recovery yoga.  My back felt fine but I didn't want to push it.  I felt kinda stiff and all of my joints felt wonky, but I think that's just what happens when you take too long off of running.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  It's my RD so not running on running day.  Take that!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

You rebel!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Afternoon Pens!

I finally got outside for a run.  I did a whopping 11 minutes :-P  Baby steps.  Then I did some recovery yoga.  My back felt fine but I didn't want to push it.  I felt kinda stiff and all of my joints felt wonky, but I think that's just what happens when you take too long off of running.

This is true.  Take it from a non-runner!!  When I re-start (as I often do), it feels like my body suddenly has no idea how to run, and has also been encased in starch slurry.

Zelanie

Jill. - Hooray for running! Smile

Jerry- Glad the house is OK!

I made a cake for my MIL: