Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins, wishing it were Friday!! (Read 21 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

When it rains, it pours, I guess.  Work is totally kicking me in the patootie right now!!  Instrument issues, of multiple kinds.  Tons of samples coming in the door, and none going out!  More work than I can handle, but it's all at my level -- stuff my tech can't do.  Ah well, I guess that's why they pay me the big bucks!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

You will forget you ever heard of Garmins.  They take a bit to get used to due to their simplicity but you had the FR 10 so it might not be that different.

Is it fairly accurate for measuring distance indoors?

Docket_Rocket

Does it have a replaceable band?

Haha.  I have 7 bands.  The bands can be purchased in every color they have and you can use it on every TOmTom you want.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Is it fairly accurate for measuring distance indoors?

It's similar to the Garmin 210, 920, etc., so not really accurate, but you can buy a footpod, I think.  I just use the TM measurement and press lap at every mile and later press calibrate and put the distance.  It's different than the 210 (even though the Garmins are inaccurate inside too) because you can calibrate as many times during the run as you want, if you know the distance.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Jerry I am PMing you a picture in FB on the bands (too lazy to do it here).

Damaris

Fundraising Page