Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins have Hidden Talents (Read 27 times)

PADRunner

5 done this morning.

From the Internet.

15 miles for me. First loop (8.68 miles) I spent working through my emotions, surprisingly helpful to put words how I was feeling. I was still hanging onto some guilt and I think I've finally managed to get rid of it. Pit stop at home for a serving of Hammer Gel, swig of water, grabbed my handheld bottle out of the fridge and dropped an ice cube down my sports bra, second loop was just spent zoning out.

Amazonian Princess

Just caught up from yesterday - I'm so sorry, Lauren. Hugs.

Getting ready to head out for a bike ride with DH. I forgot we signed up for 25 mile event at the end of the month and I haven't been on my bike since the last event 

Reading about the hidden talents in the group has me convinced that if we ever crash-landed "Lost"-style that we'd do pretty well 

I can. I will. I am. 

Zelanie

Reading about the hidden talents in the group has me convinced that if we ever crash-landed "Lost"-style that we'd do pretty well 

As long as we had all the bowhunters with us. Smile  I'd probably be perfect in the "can trip over air and light" camp.  I'm also pretty good at choking on my own saliva, if that were ever called for.

Docket_Rocket

Just caught up from yesterday - I'm so sorry, Lauren. Hugs.

Getting ready to head out for a bike ride with DH. I forgot we signed up for 25 mile event at the end of the month and I haven't been on my bike since the last event 

Not sure my talents will help unless you need a historian to keep the events in order, or a judge.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Not sure my talents will help unless you need a historian to keep the events in order, or a judge.

We might need somebody with good core strength and balance to help us with the construction of our new civilization.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Awww, Lauren.

Ginny, northern Utah.  Just a short 2 mile hike with the toddler in the carrier.

Bacon, what weapon? I  competed in sabre years ago.

2.1 miles with the jogging stroller, then strength training, then 2.1 miles home.  (A friend has a gym set up in her garage!)

Docket_Rocket

We might need somebody with good core strength and balance to help us with the construction of our new civilization.

Good, I'm in.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I guess I'm enough of a hippie that I could help us identify some of the edible berries and mushrooms around.

Ran 8 today.  Must nicer than yesterday.  Spent an hour on the foam roller yesterday, but I think I needed it!

hog4life

Lauren, I'm glad to hear you were able to clear the cobweb of emotions. I know it's very difficult to loose a fur baby.

Zel, haha, shrooms!!!

It looks like our colony is coming together well. I'm planning to head out after it cools off a little from 90 to 85.

We are making a road trip tomorrow, my FIL has an appointment with a radiologist. Did I mention they are not giving him chemo any more? The radiation treatment is one of the options the oncologist talked about, but I think the prognosis with this method is not as beneficial and there will probably be some hard decisions to make in the coming months.

From the Internet.

Lauren, I'm glad to hear you were able to clear the cobweb of emotions. I know it's very difficult to loose a fur baby.

Zel, haha, shrooms!!!

It looks like our colony is coming together well. I'm planning to head out after it cools off a little from 90 to 85.

We are making a road trip tomorrow, my FIL has an appointment with a radiologist. Did I mention they are not giving him chemo any more? The radiation treatment is one of the options the oncologist talked about, but I think the prognosis with this method is not as beneficial and there will probably be some hard decisions to make in the coming months.

Thanks Mitch. Still being all torn up over going through hard choices with a cat, I can't imagine doing it with a parent/in-law. Much love and support to you, Connie, FIL, and the rest of the family.

From the Internet.

Are you thinking of doing some sort of memorial for her?  You guys own your house, right?  Maybe a planting?

After sleeping on it I think I'm not going to do a specific plant, but dedicate a little corner of one of the planters to her - put in an engraved stone (similar idea to this, but I don't know that I could read a phrase without crying - just a stone with a couple little paw prints on it is really what I want) and plant something near it that I can switch up if I want.

I get weirdly attached to things (my cousins, sisters and I blame my aunt for telling us the broccoli would feel bad if we didn't eat it as children :P), so having a stone that I can place in my garden here and take with me if/when we move would be less emotionally challenging for me than a plant that could potentially die. Yes, I am a bit odd, lol.

I am still sick which means no lunch with the in laws. It is probably good because speaking in English is hard enough with how I'm feeling. I think that conversing in Mandarin would be exhausting right now.

Talents: generally good at "non-girl" things - math, science, coding, robotics, etc.  My mom asked me after the whole Caitlin Jenner thing if I was born in the wrong body.... =P

Sapf - I am catching up on all the old posts I missed while I was hiding from the world. I get this. I have always called myself a feminine tomboy. I'm really good at boy stuff. But love all the girlie stuff too - except shopping and chocolate.

I bake really good pies and am a passionate quilter - I win ribbons on both. 

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

on my way to badass

Kathleen- I am a quilter too!  I don't win any ribbons though.  I have won a ribbon for my knitting.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Kathleen- I am a quilter too!  I don't win any ribbons though.  I have won a ribbon for my knitting.

It took me 6 months, but I recently finished knitting a pair of socks. I could easily take on another addiction.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K