Beginners and Beyond

Chicago Any Takers (Read 337 times)

B-Plus

Hi! I'm planning to race Chicago, but won't be making any time goals until after I get some spring races under my belt (haven't raced since June 2010 - also my last marathon). Hopefully I can still go sub-3:10. Even better would be if I was in PR shape. Good luck with your training, and I hope to be able to follow your training out in the general forums area.

But I don't think he's running Chicago. Does it have to be the same race? He's doing a full in the fall, I'm sure of it though.

Yeah it needs to be the same race for several reasons.  One being that it would be cool to meet that person if possible after the race.   Second being that lots of things affect marathon time.  Weather, course etc.  By being at the same race all of those excuses are eliminated!

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
      • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
      • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Hi! I'm planning to race Chicago, but won't be making any time goals until after I get some spring races under my belt (haven't raced since June 2010 - also my last marathon). Hopefully I can still go sub-3:10. Even better would be if I was in PR shape. Good luck with your training, and I hope to be able to follow your training out in the general forums area.

So did you run your PR in July of 2010.   Have you picked a Spring marathon yet?

FWIW - I did not know this was the beginners forum when I posted my challenge.  It was not meant to offend anyone.  The last thing I want to do is tick off the new people. 

• Sub 22  5K

So did you run your PR in July of 2010.   Have you picked a Spring marathon yet?

FWIW - I did not know this was the beginners forum when I posted my challenge.  It was not meant to offend anyone.  The last thing I want to do is tick off the new people. 

No worries- one of the questions we always got asked on the BF was why it was called the beginners forum since so many people there were not at all beginners.  People just like to hang out there, beginner or not.  Your challenge is totally appropriate!  : )

And for that matter, at the rate she's going, RunningMama would probably be in about that time range by then... 

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

No worries- one of the questions we always got asked on the BF was why it was called the beginners forum since so many people there were not at all beginners.  People just like to hang out there, beginner or not.  Your challenge is totally appropriate!  : )

And for that matter, at the rate she's going, RunningMama would probably be in about that time range by then... 

Well she is required to carry all three of her kids during the race!I

• Sub 22  5K
            B-Plus

PR was Boston 2010. I'm planning to focus on the 10k this Spring, so no marathon.

B-Plus

+1

Is it possible to multiquote up in this mofo?