Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILY for Perspiring Penguins (Read 29 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yes!! D2 is up late tonight!! Smile

Sloooow.

Ya'll are a bunch of alchies Wink

I'm surprised to see all you early morning runners up late, thought I feel out of place. Beer makes me gag, lol.

Amazonian Princess

I'm not much for beer, either, but I'm a sucker for a tropical drink. Can't wait for November and vacation in Hawai'i!

The 5k today had a small turnout but was a blast! According to my iPhone I did 3.6 miles because I took the wrong path at the fork and had to double back. Ran/walked it with four other people close by, all of us "generously proportioned". Passed two of them when we hit the (small) hills, then passed the other two in the last 100 yards or so - there were young men in fatigues cheering and shouting to "finish strong" so went all out at the same the other two did. Can't imagine the sight of us three well-rounded individuals sprinting to the finish line Big grin We shook hands afterwards and I'm still doing a happy dance on the inside!

So, my legs felt good, rested, and ready at the start of the day, and I felt confident when the inclines started, but it was so hard to breathe through during the stretches without shade (it was about 90 degrees at time of the race). Is there anything I can do to acclimate to run better in dry heat? Next 5k is July 13 ( my birthday) and in Fresno, so it's gonna be hotter and drier, but I get cake at the end!

I can. I will. I am. 

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I know it's Sunday, but it's early.  So, I'm going to post in here.  I'm all for the Race and Drink think.  We just need to figure out when.

Baconista - Congrats!  I was looking for a race report or something.

Coralie -  No beeer?  How do you feel about Straw Burritos.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

I'm not much for beer, either, but I'm a sucker for a tropical drink. Can't wait for November and vacation in Hawai'i!

The 5k today had a small turnout but was a blast! According to my iPhone I did 3.6 miles because I took the wrong path at the fork and had to double back. Ran/walked it with four other people close by, all of us "generously proportioned". Passed two of them when we hit the (small) hills, then passed the other two in the last 100 yards or so - there were young men in fatigues cheering and shouting to "finish strong" so went all out at the same the other two did. Can't imagine the sight of us three well-rounded individuals sprinting to the finish line Big grin We shook hands afterwards and I'm still doing a happy dance on the inside!

So, my legs felt good, rested, and ready at the start of the day, and I felt confident when the inclines started, but it was so hard to breathe through during the stretches without shade (it was about 90 degrees at time of the race). Is there anything I can do to acclimate to run better in dry heat? Next 5k is July 13 ( my birthday) and in Fresno, so it's gonna be hotter and drier, but I get cake at the end!

Way to go. You crack me up with your descriptions. Fruity drinks are good too Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Mmmmm...beer

Yes!! D2 is up late tonight!! Smile

I didn't last much longer after that post. LOL

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!