Beginners and Beyond

Looting in Boston (Read 209 times)

MrNamtor

I hate people sometimes.

The only thing i would wish upon these people is a persistent and untreatable anal itch lasting at least 3 months.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

hahahaha

The only thing i would wish upon these people is a persistent and untreatable anal itch lasting at least 3 months.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

dallison

registered pw

Karma is a bitch.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

bobruns

Not enough...

Not enough...

What I would wish upon them is to feel for the rest of their lives like I did during miles 20-26 of my marathon...I always said I would not wish that on my worst enemy, but I am reconsidering.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Man, that is just sad.   These folks are real pieces of work, taking advantage of a tragedy to do this kind of thing.   I hope they can be identified from the video and get arrested!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, if they get caught and get thrown in jail, they won't have to worry about an itch.  The cops will put them into a cell with the biggest, meanest guy there, and then "Ugly Cellmate Bubba"  will  "scratch" that itch for them in no time....in a very special way...    Shocked

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Unbelievable, yet still not surprising, sadly. Do people have NO shame? Wow.

Well, if they get caught and get thrown in jail, they won't have to worry about an itch.  The cops will put them into a cell with the biggest, meanest guy there, and then "Ugly Cellmate Bubba"  will  "scratch" that itch for them in no time....in a very special way...    Shocked

is the O face for the giver (bubba) or the taker (looter)

Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Mostly harmless

I refuse to let the actions of a few overshadow the heroic acts of the many, many people that day that sprang into action to help others in need.   To me, that is the only positive to be taken from things like this.  There really is much more good in the world than evil.  Light is stronger than darkness and always will be.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Dad on the run.

And this is why I believe in public punishment. These guys should be found and then publicly humiliated. I think stoning would suffice.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Buelligan

And this is why I believe in public punishment. These guys should be found and the public ally humiliated. I think stoning would suffice.

That would pull us down to the same level as the shithole countries that do things like that.  It doesn't stop crime there, I doubt it would do anything here except incite more violence by whackos who'd watch it.

Dad on the run.

Perhaps its a bit extreme, but what happens when they get caught? They get put in prison where they are taken care of, don't have to pay taxes, they get to workout, read, they get 3 meals a day. It's like a hotel but behind bars. I think we treat "criminals" way to gently. Just my opinion though, not that it counts for much.

Not to mention the saying "you made your bed now lay in it" I'm sorry but this whole over excesive use of "Such and such in Inhumane" is a load of crap. If someone deserves to be in prison then make it a damn prison. Give them a cell with a hole to shit in. A freaking homeless person could commit and crime and be better off than living under a bridge, that just shouldn't be the case.

That would pull us down to the same level as the shithole countries that do things like that.  It doesn't stop crime there, I doubt it would do anything here except incite more violence by whackos who'd watch it.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Perhaps its a bit extreme, but what happens when they get caught? They get put in prison where they are taken care of, don't have to pay taxes, they get to workout, read, they get 3 meals a day. It's like a hotel but behind bars. I think we treat "criminals" way to gently. Just my opinion though, not that it counts for much.

Not to mention the saying "you made your bed now lay in it" I'm sorry but this whole over excesive use of "Such and such in Inhumane" is a load of crap. If someone deserves to be in prison then make it a damn prison. Give them a cell with a hole to shit in. A freaking homeless person could commit and crime and be better off than living under a bridge, that just shouldn't be the case.

Don't worry, the Federal Supermax prison these bomber scumbags would be sent to is no resort. 23 hours a day in 5x8 cell is severe punishment, trust me. And for the looters, Scummy as it is, I'm not sure we want petty thieves being treated like the Taliban or Viet Cong treated POWs. Having spent my fair share of time in countries that don't have the Constitutional protections we take for granted, I'd rather err on the side of being too soft than model our criminal justice system after some third world shithole. But that's me.