Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

Lara, sounds like a good weekend of running.

Miles should be back up this week I hope.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

652 total team miles plus BCR is a total of 708 miles.  That's crazy high!  Shocked  You are all so very awesome!

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Christian may in fact have a hairline fracture.  They said a fracture probably wouldn't show up for a week so he'll have a follow up x-ray on Monday.  He will be in a cast either way for a month.  Luckily, the orthopedist' (not my orthopedist friend, but a different one - cause Bill doesn't do wrists...) has cleared him to run and he went to speedwork a couple hours after the cast went on and was knocking out 800s in 3 minutes. Showoff.

Trail Monster

Go team! We're rockin' 2013!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Wrist in a cast will not stop that young man!  Go Christian.

Congrats team on the win, 2-0!  Sweet!

So overall against all of the teams last week where did we come in?

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
              • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
              • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
              crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

We won our match up.  We are currently the highest ranked team but only by a smidge.  Our match up next week will be challenging as it is against the #2 team.  That team has several very high mile runners.  But we have consistency and team spirit, so it could go either way. Smile

Heading to the gym for my long run. Wind chill is 14 below.   Gah.  I don't mind cold, but that's too cold.

Trail Monster

I have an hour today. If I feel good I might throw in a little extra.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Village people

I doubled, just for you guys! 12+4 for the day. I hope I can walk tomorrow.

I doubled, just for you guys! 12+4 for the day. I hope I can walk tomorrow.

Nice double! I thought about doing that today, but slept in (7am is sleeping in, btw) instead. I'll run tonight (9) and before work tomorrow (7).

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I might've run 11.5 today.

I might've run 11.5 today.

Nice job.  You still have time to get a double in though.  Wink

Keep up the good work people.  Winning is not what we are looking for here but we are looking to destroy the other team.  Kill their will to even try to beat us next time.

Remember the body listens to what the mind says, so stay posititve runners!  Embrace your run.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                            • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                            • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

20 run and done drill sergeant!  Smile

BCR, you are so right about the mind and the body. If I head on a run with a preconceived number in mind, that's usually what I run.  As in, when I get to that number of miles, my mind shuts my body down. It's weird really, if I want to run 10 miles, at 10 miles, my body just doesn't want to run anymore, even though it can.  But if I know that I'm going to run x miles today, I can usually make it.  Today was 20.

BCR, what are you goal races for this year?  I see you have some pretty high goals there in your siggy line, but just curious what races you will be toeing the line at.