Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins are Going to Brilliant's House for Dinner (Read 24 times)

hog4life

Jerry, a hat or visor is a must in the rain. Or, if you're like me, a hat is a must all the time to keep my bald head from sun burning.

Singer who runs a smidge

I suspect I'll be doing my PT exercises forever.  I keep reminding myself how much it hurt every time I took a step, until I started these exercises.  And if someday I can get back to running, sacrificing half an hour a day should be a small price to pay.  It's just that sheer laziness kicks in sometimes!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - It's probably hard to deal with the sheer boredom of doing the same ones every day.  I do various exercises after I run, on my short run days especially, but I like to mix them up.  I've got an appt. with a PT next week. I hope I'll keep your good example in mind when it comes time to do whatever exercises he recommends.

Zelanie - nice that you are recovering so quickly.

Brilliant - your kitchen sounds great.  Good luck with all the graduation ceremonies and celebrations.

D - I hope the fires die down soon.  Any rain in the forecast?

Jerry - I hope the rain holds off until afternoon on Sunday.  Definitely bring something for your head.  How cold will it be?

Jack - I hope your knee (and head?) feel good enough on Sunday to run.

sapf - I'm glad DH checked out all right.  It's a good idea to get the other things checked out too, just in case.

PAD - good job on the early 6.8

Mitch - the intervals sound good.  Are there any one mile races this summer?  They aren't that common around here.

AFM: another URD.  I walked Ben and mowed the lawn, but decided to rest the hamstrings until they stop hurting.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry, a hat or visor is a must in the rain. Or, if you're like me, a hat is a must all the time to keep my bald head from sun burning.

I can relate, Mitch

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, it was supposed to rain but didn't.

6 on the TM done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page