Beginners and Beyond

Onemile's CIM RR (Read 59 times)

Zelanie

That was funny. Getting kicked out of the joint was funny too.

Oh, and my poor gear check bag. It had two slices of bread wrapped in a napkin in it. 

We can leave the B&B to wonder what we did to get kicked out of the deli. Wink

I picture your gear bag still sitting there on the lawn, waiting for you.

outoftheblue

Congratulations on the PR.   Any PR is a good PR in my book.   It looks like you really fought for every second there at the end-- your pace fell off, but it never collapsed.   I think it takes a lot of mental toughness to keep things together like that.  Great job.

Life is good.

LRB

We can leave the B&B to wonder what we did to get kicked out of the deli. Wink

I picture your gear bag still sitting there on the lawn, waiting for you.

How bad was it to retrieve it? I just wanted to get to my bed and off of my legs, they were killing me!

Zelanie

How bad was it to retrieve it? I just wanted to get to my bed and off of my legs, they were killing me!

The hard part was it was in this giant fenced field, and it wasn't clear where you had to go to get stuff out of it. I didn't see any openings so I shambled along the fence until I got lucky enkugh to get to a spot where somebody asked my number.

onemile

We were talking back in the day about the effects of airline travel. I wonder if that was a factor here?

no, not at all. I felt good during Saturdays run and the first half of the race. this was me not being able to handle the hills, particularly the downs

Zelanie

Now I wonder if I could have found any extra effort for those last few miles if I would have known how you were doing. I figured the onemile and LRB party was already started. It was such a surprise when I got my phone back.

onemile

Congratulations on the PR.   Any PR is a good PR in my book.   It looks like you really fought for every second there at the end-- your pace fell off, but it never collapsed.   I think it takes a lot of mental toughness to keep things together like that.  Great job.

The dumb thing is.. I wasn't even fighting for seconds or thinking that way. I had no clue what my time was and by that point I didn't even want to know. I knew my pace was crap and I just wanted it to end and I knew the sooner I got to the finish, the sooner it would all be over and all I wanted so badly was to be done.

LRB

Now I wonder if I could have found any extra effort for those last few miles if I would have known how you were doing. I figured the onemile and LRB party was already started. It was such a surprise when I got my phone back.

While I was thinking you two had to be as miserable as I was.

onemile

While I was thinking you two had to be as miserable as I was.

I thought I was the only miserable one. Until I checked my phone after the race to get tracking updates on everyone

Zelanie

We needed secret service earpieces

outoftheblue

The dumb thing is.. I wasn't even fighting for seconds or thinking that way. I had no clue what my time was and by that point I didn't even want to know. I knew my pace was crap and I just wanted it to end and I knew the sooner I got to the finish, the sooner it would all be over and all I wanted so badly was to be done.

That's always good motivation!

Life is good.

I just wanted it to end and I knew the sooner I got to the finish, the sooner it would all be over and all I wanted so badly was to be done.

During my worst marathons, this was the only thing that prevented me from walking the later miles.

Dave