Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #240 (Read 23 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Don't worry, they'll be back to remote learning after a couple days and a whole bunch of cases.

That's why I think some said 100% remote until January. To me, that seems more consistent.

I think the small counties potentially can reopen. Some have less than 50,000 residents and are very rural.

This should make for some interesting discussion during tomorrows 8am all staff Zoom meeting.

That's why I think some said 100% remote until January. To me, that seems more consistent.

I think the small counties potentially can reopen. Some have less than 50,000 residents and are very rural.

In WA, schools generally start right after Labor Day. All the districts near us (Seattle/suburbs) announced a few weeks ago that they'd be 100% remote. Not sure if they said for how long. It's possibly (likely) different in the more rural (and redder) central/eastern parts of the state.

Dave

delicate flower

Space Coast Marathon just posted on FB that they are "Go for launch!" Nov 29.  Because Florida.

#damaris

<3

Docket_Rocket

I bet they won’t but...🤷‍♀️

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Space Coast Marathon just posted on FB that they are "Go for launch!" Nov 29.  Because Florida.

#damaris

Can't remember if I posted here that the Seattle Marathon (on the same day) still has registration open, and they offered our running group a 10% discount code. The head of our group posted it on the group FB page; the LOLing comments which followed were as expected. All marathons are "still on," until they're not.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

DavePNW, the rural parts of MD are definitely redder than the rest of the state. That said, my mom said people in their county are good about wearing masks. I was sort of surprised. I also haven't noticed many issues with masks when we drive through Harford & Cecil counties--no one is trying to go into stores without a mask and it is definitely MAGA country (and KKK country, not joking).

I stil think races in FL and TX have a chance of happening. I was looking to see what NFL teams are allowing fans in the stands. Anyone surprised Miami, Jacksonville & Dallas are allowing fans? A wild card for races is Kansas. They are allowing fans.

I stil think races in FL and TX have a chance of happening. I was looking to see what NFL teams are allowing fans in the stands. Anyone surprised Miami, Jacksonville & Dallas are allowing fans? A wild card for races is Kansas. They are allowing fans.

No.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Schools in my county are allowed to have in person school starting Sept 8, I think. All the smaller ones are going for it but I'm glad to be part of ginormous San Diego district, where things move slower. Let everyone else be the guinea pigs--I can't imagine that the city's testing can support every school starting at once. I'd like to see my kid back in a classroom sometime in the 2020-2021 school year but no one is ready for it to be next week.

My area was in rough shape in June/July and just now things are looking better. So yeah, let's spend a few weeks opening EVERYTHING so that we're back to stay-at-home by October.

Docket_Rocket

I switched my LR to the weekend and ended up with 11 (my other MLR) instead.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

3 miles on the TM, it’s too hot outside.