Beginners and Beyond

Week 20 Penguins are headed underground! (05/13-05/19) (Read 5 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

This is National Underground America Day, whatever that means.  But considering the number of times I've wished I could dig a hole, crawl in, and then pull the hole in after me, I figured it was appropriate!  Waiting for my tech to show up at work, so that I can give him a formal verbal warning about his recent conduct.  Yay.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 with 2 @ MP.

HopesMom, hope you put the fear in him, sheesh!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, the smackdown went well.  Still trying to dig myself out from under my mountain of work, but I've at least made some progress today.  At least the billing for the last month in our fiscal year is going to look pretty good!

Docket_Rocket

Did he even care about what you told him?  Hopefully he did!

I was in court most of the day and later at a meeting with the new boss.  6 and Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

I got an apology and a promise to behave like a professional for the next two weeks.  We'll see.

Good luck with the new guy!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles and OTF tonight.

HopesMom, thanks. So far, he sounds like a regular boss (tough but fair).  Obviously some in the office thinks he is harsh but I told them we were lucky to have such a friendly to everybody boss instead of a real boss (he wasn't normal in many ways, lol).  What I like about this one is that he is not a micro manager, so I don't even need to ask permission to go to court (yeah, I had to with prior boss).  He assumes we are all professionals unless he sees otherwise.  Therefore, I love him, lol.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, I have four more things to work on today.

Unfortunately I have lost all motivation.

Or most of it, anyway.

Blah.

Though I did clean out a couple hundred emails from my inbox.

I'm under 3k again. 

Docket_Rocket

Great job!  My personal one has 34K. Not a chance to clean it ever I think.

We sre in Boston already. Martha’s Vineyard marathon on Saturday.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HM - what did your tech do?  I hope your warning worked. How's the search for the replacement going?

D - have fun at your race. Is it Saturday or Sunday?

I'm currently in sunny Phoenix visiting my brother and his family. We were reminded again why we never want to live here. Too hot, too many people. I ran early this morning, then holed up in the AC for the rest of the day.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, her guy quit and gave X days and since he quit, he has become an asshole coming late, not doing his job well, etc.  She wrote him up.

My race is Saturday.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Docket, that's a great summary!! 

Ginny, DH has a cousin that lives in Phoenix, and I totally agree with you!!

Chorus was fun last night -- our director has family in town, so the other assistant director and I ran rehearsal.  Somehow you just never know what your hands are going to do in that situation, but a good time was had by all!