Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES are busy cheering Baboon and the Mrs (Read 37 times)

From the Internet.

A 7 mile race? Your pace got faster and faster as the race went on. That must have felt good.

Yup it felt great! Plan was to jog easy and enjoy the atmosphere, and pick it up if I felt good. I felt GOOOOOD!

Zelanie

Yup it felt great! Plan was to jog easy and enjoy the atmosphere, and pick it up if I felt good. I felt GOOOOOD!

The one I tried was not very. I probably should have had their flight of beers, but had a bloody mary instead. It was supposed to be "off the chain". If it was, the chain I got must've been rusty!

Well the beer is the thing, but I know you're not that much of a beer snob. It's been a super long time since I went, but I thought it was pretty good. But I think its rep was set way BITD when there weren't too many interesting casual/eclectic/trendy places like that in the city. There are a lot more options now.

Dave

LRB

Well the beer is the thing, but I know you're not that much of a beer snob. It's been a super long time since I went, but I thought it was pretty good. But I think its rep was set way BITD when there weren't too many interesting casual/eclectic/trendy places like that in the city. There are a lot more options now.

I can actually appreciate a great brew, I just got sideswiped by the comment about the bloody mary. I love a great bloody mary (McClure's is by far the best bloody mary mix I've ever had), too bad it wasn't. lol

Knowing what not to get while out though is as important as knowing what to get, so for that, my next trip there will be better.

I love a great bloody mary 

+1000!

DW & I love a good bloody. We are mostly beer drinkers, sometimes wine; mixed drinks are more a rarity. But on the cruise we had more mixed drinks in a week than probably in the last year. I don't even think I'm exaggerating. We bought the drink package after all! Anyway, their bloodies were just meh, but we had a few.

Dave

LRB

+1000!

DW & I love a good bloody. We are mostly beer drinkers, sometimes wine; mixed drinks are more a rarity. But on the cruise we had more mixed drinks in a week than probably in the last year. I don't even think I'm exaggerating. We bought the drink package after all! Anyway, their bloodies were just meh, but we had a few.

They almost always are. It's as if bartenders and establishments don't even try ffs.

I have never cruised but have heard about all the yumminess to be had in the way of food. How much weight did you gain?

I have never cruised but have heard about all the yumminess to be had in the way of food. How much weight did you gain?

I was a little worried about that, but somehow did OK. Presumably helped that I kept up the running, and a bunch of walking at the port stops.

The food quantity & variety was more impressive than the quality - oh the endless buffet - but quality was plenty good enough. So we pretty much made pigs of ourselves.

Dave

onemile

I ran 15. Was supposed to pick up the pace slightly for the last 3 miles if I felt good. I didn't really feel good but I tried anyway.