Beginners and Beyond

948 miles in 25 days... on a treadmill (Read 56 times)

Cyberic

Hey lily  I found something for you.

http://www.lapresse.ca/la-tribune/estrie-et-regions/201507/14/01-4885358-courir-1526-kilometres-en-25-jours-sur-un-tapis-roulant.php

Since it's in french, I'll translate the header for you (not for lily, but for the others):

(DRUMMONDVILLE) At 5:34 PM, on Monday, beginning of the evening, a man from Drummondville (Quebec), Michel Gouin, has officially become the first man on earth to run 948 miles in the same month. He managed his exploit in front of a handful of collaborators united around his treadmill in the "Parrainage civique Drummond" offices.

Mr. Gouin managed his exploit on his 25th day of running and will use the remaining 5 days in the month to inflate the record. When he first started he had the number of 1800 km in mind (1118.5 miles) and still thinks that number is reachable.

happylily

Cy, you have found me the love of my life. And Drummondville isn't too far from here. Now I need to chase after him (on my TM, of course...) to convince him that I'm the perfect mate for him. We will hold hands as we run into the sunset on our TMs.

Okay... that's a hell of a lot of miles on a TM, even for me. This guy must be crazier than I am. I wonder if he had a fan?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

What was his age graded pace?

LRB

Michel Gouin

Seems this dude is no stranger to the treadmill record books.

B-Plus

I knew this was a thread about Lily before I opened it.

Docket_Rocket

Lily's soul mate.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

catwhoorg

Labrat

Cy, you have found me the love of my life. And Drummondville isn't too far from here. Now I need to chase after him (on my TM, of course...) to convince him that I'm the perfect mate for him. We will hold hands as we run into the sunset on our TMs.

Okay... that's a hell of a lot of miles on a TM, even for me. This guy must be crazier than I am. I wonder if he had a fan?

I think you are his biggest fan!

(Even in an AC area, I want a fan for the TM. The air movement really helps. My TM is in a non-climate controlled basement, I am thinking about buying a second fan...)

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

happylily

I think you are his biggest fan!

(Even in an AC area, I want a fan for the TM. The air movement really helps. My TM is in a non-climate controlled basement, I am thinking about buying a second fan...)

hahaha... I think I got a little carried away, yesterday. Actually, I think he's just a nutcase. But we all are, aren't we?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

also known as a "cutback month" for lily.

<3

LRB

Actually, I think he's just a nutcase. But we all are, aren't we?

I prefer nutbasket, for no other reason than I like to be different. 

RSX

I'm at 953 for the year and rather happy with that let alone 1 month.

It's only weird if he didn't run with music.