Beginners and Beyond

The Perfect Valentine's Day Gift? (Read 57 times)

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

LRB

Bacon roses? Can you say home run? lol

I don't think the bacon would last long enough to put on the stems. 

This is what I'm giving DH for Valentine's Day - hand lotion for the manliest of men.

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Chocolate - doesn't matter if it's chocolate roses or chocolate bunnies or any other shape or form as long as it's good chocolate. Wine is a good second choice.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

For me it's a nekkid Gail.

For her, I'm sure it's something else, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I do not celebrate Valentines Day every year but went to The Palm for dinner on it once. That joint was all that and a bag of chips for reals.

happylily

We usually don't do anything, or buy anything for each other, even though it also happens to be our shacking up anniversary. I don't like things that are forced. I like spontaneous. But I do buy little gifts for my children. I started that when they were young and my mother before that used to do the same for my sister and myself. Children are the true ever lasting love of our lives.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

If either of us remember to wish the other a Happy Valentine's Day, we'll call it a victory. I pay attention to the holiday just enough to avoid trying to make plans for a date night that weekend.

But since I'm planning on making homemade pizza for dinner Saturday night, maybe I'll get fancy and make the crust in the shape of heart and open a bottle of wine to go with it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

We usually don't do anything for Valentine's Day. We might go out to eat, but nothing fancy. We're homebodies, so the act of leaving the house for something other than work is pretty significant. 

As for this year, one of DH's coworkers brought back some of that Whisky and Water hand lotion from Scotland and DH just loves it. Because of that, plus the fact that he's been complaining of dry hands lately, I decided to get him a couple of bottles. I would have gotten them for him regardless of the holiday, but it's good timing. I then went ahead and got a Princess Bride Valentine's Day card from Etsy because we've been quoting that movie a lot recently. 

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]