Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday is The Answer (Read 44 times)

Little Blue

I told him that!

Lily, I'll try.  At least he might be OK with us meeting somewhere but he is allergic to people. Sad

But .. isn't he a doctor?  How does that work, if he doesn't do people?

LRB

Hopefully before the one-finger salute?

lol

I didn't need one today thank God! This dudes fingers were the size of bananas for fucks sake. I almost passed out when I saw them when he walked into the room!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights. And now making another batch of raspberry jam because the berries I picked were falling apart.

cjones1

lol

I didn't need one today thank God! This dudes fingers were the size of bananas for fucks sake. I almost passed out when I saw them when he walked into the room!

Well there's a twist to the daily food conversation. I no longer like bananas. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Dinner was served and devoured!

While out, I came across a stopped mile long train that had four different intersections blocked. Lots of police and fire trucks as well as news trucks. Whatever happened it's probably not good.

onemile

I ran 10 with

2 mile warm up
              6 x 6 minutes "on" (mile repeat effort), 2 minutes moderate "off"
              1 mile cool down

On the treadmill since it is currently 84 feels like 89 out. 

LRB

It was pretty miserable here today as well, and looks like it will be for a little bit more.

That is not uncommon though for the first week of September so I can tough it out another week to ten days or whatever it's gonna take. The prime running season is upon us though, unless you are in the southern states. Sorry peeps.

LRB

I ran.  Today's assignment was a one hour run with 5 x 5 minute tempo intervals with 3 minute recoveries, and it had to be on a hill route.  I ended up with 7.8 miles at 7:40 pace.  That's the first time I ever did that route in under an hour (had to circle a bit a hit the 60 minutes).  Good strong effort today.  'Bout time.

That's a fast overall time for the route.

Little Blue

It was pretty miserable here today as well, and looks like it will be for a little bit more.

That is not uncommon though for the first week of September so I can tough it out another week to ten days or whatever it's gonna take. The prime running season is upon us though, unless you are in the southern states. Sorry peeps.

We have mid 80s/ mid 60s for the weekend and next week.  Nuthin' wrong with that!

LRB

We have mid 80s/ mid 60s for the weekend and next week.  Nuthin' wrong with that!

Awesome! I'm sure those numbers double once you cross the border into Florida. lol

Little Blue

Awesome! I'm sure those numbers double once you cross the border into Florida. lol

Well they're a whole different country down there.  Especially the far southern part.

LRB

Well they're a whole different country down there.  Especially the far southern part.

I enjoy visiting but could not live there. I would love to get to The Keys someday as well.

LRB

I'm out.

See you tomorrow.

I have 7 in the morning.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

blarrrrggg!

Club race 8k.     ugg. fekin hot...  and tough course.  (actually 8.3k)  a near PR anyway...

Docket_Rocket

I ran 6 after Pilates.  It's only Tuesday and I'm exhausted.  I have a big hearing tomorrow I am assuming I'll lose but it has just been exhausted.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page