Beginners and Beyond

It's Sunday and it's go time!! (Read 41 times)

This dry needling has been completely magical. I'm really surprised because I was feeling really bad about wasting money on it after I prepaid for 3 appointments

This is the type of thing I would totally scoff at. But next time maybe I'll consider it.

Dave

onemile

This is the type of thing I would totally scoff at. But next time maybe I'll consider it.

I didn't even know that this guy did the dry needling when I went to him. I just know he is very high recommended by runners.  And then when I googled it, it seemed like the research didn't really support it. I've heard plenty of anecdotal stories of it helping (including from my coach) but I was pretty skeptical and I really didn't expect so much improvement from a single appointment.  But I can't remember the last time my right leg felt so completely normal and not messed up and my back didn't start get tight until mile 11 today (previously I could only make it 3-4 before having to stop and stretch).

LRB

Your hubby is amazing D. Great news Jenny.

I'm at the theater for the first time since July, I think. Here to check out the hype machine that is Black Panther. Hopefully it lives up to it...

GinnyinPA

D - I'm glad your husband is doing so well.

I had 18 miles with 14 at MP on the schedule. I decided to drive to Gettysburg to do the run on part of the former marathon course, which I've done a couple times in the past. It's scenic and hilly, so good for training. The wind was blowing hard in my face for the first 9 miles. My paces were all over the place, between the wind and the hills, but my average was at MP, so I count it as a good run, though it felt really hard.

Cyberic

This dry needling has been completely magical. I'm really surprised because I was feeling really bad about wasting money on it after I prepaid for 3 appointments

I almost tried it a few years ago. It was slymoon runs that said he tried acupuncture (or dry needling?) for a pain in the butt he had and it worked. I had this pain in the butt myself, and my usual way of trying to fix myself was not working. But then it did.

Glad to know it is working for you too. Maybe it's something I'll need some day.