Beginners and Beyond

My poor toe!! (Warning: image of a toe) (Read 84 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Around 30 hours after stubbing it on a large stick that was laying length wise on the trail....... I think someone put it there on purpose Angry  and I threw it off into the woods.

I now wish I had looked at my toe yesterday to see the damage and take a picture.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Doh!  We were talking about pinky toes the other day at work.  A girl's dad at work had once accidentally kicked a door jam with his pinky toe while barefoot sooooooo badly that he broke his toe & it pointed sideways.  He fell to the ground & held his foot up only to cause the girl to scream bloody murder once she saw the toe sticking sideways.

So bad glad yours is pointing forward.  Big grin

I, too, broke mine (or I think I did) when I was a kid walking briskly to the bathroom in the middle of the night & kicking the kitchen table leg.  I was literally in so much pain I couldn't breathe.  I, too, fell to the floor & grabbed all around the pinky toe & dug in with my finger nails just to isolate the area & create pain below it as it hurt so bad.  It healed fine but I later broke my big toe on my right foot falling down the stairs & it still doesn't bend at the knuckle of it to this day.

Ahhhhh the stories.......Approve

Randy

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks, luckily it was just a little bruise. This morning's 8 mile trail run went great, no pain at all. I could tell a story about how I almost sliced my third toe (same foot) off while going down one those old aluminum slides when I was like 10 years old. It was in my mom's backyard and the bottom was badly torn apart leaving a very dangerous edge, normally I could avoid it but one day I forgot and went down the slide barefoot........ I held my foot for 10 minutes before looking at it, thinking I had cut it off, there is a huge scar there though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)