Beginners and Beyond

Happy Solstice Wednesday Penguins (Read 16 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

The days begin getting longer, starting today. Hurray.

Not as cold today, but a lot grayer.  I'll do some miles after lunch.

Zelanie

Hi Ginny!  Hope your lunch miles are grand.

I am really feeling the track workout yesterday, although I am happy to be getting back into a routine.  Tonight I am going to meet a friend to run while her kids are at wrestling practice.

Hello to all the lurking penguins!

LRB

The days begin getting longer, starting today. Hurray.

It takes forever before I see it during my morning runs, but I'll take it!

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I got Tboned last night so no run for me.  Sigh.  I have 9 tonight, the car is in the shop and I had a headache most of the day.

Ginny, hope your miles went well.  I am not happy the days are getting longer since that means it's hotter and hotter each day.

Z, nice job at the track.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Movie season for us, so no run today.  Trying to see the (projected) Best Picture nominees.  Saw Arrival today with Amy Adams.  Probably not a winner.

Zelanie

Movie season for us, so no run today.  Trying to see the (projected) Best Picture nominees.  Saw Arrival today with Amy Adams.  Probably not a winner.

I thought Arrival was really good. I haven't seen any of the others though.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Amy Adams should get nominated.

GinnyinPA

I ended up with a very nice hilly 7.1 miles. Almost back to my previous energy/pace - at least on the shorter runs. It feels so good to be able to run the hills again without feeling like I'm dying.