Beginners and Beyond

Another fine mess SunDAILIES (Read 39 times)

delicate flower

Hello.  I am tired and sleepy.  Today's workout:

72 mile bike ride in the focking rain.  Easy effort (16.7 mph)

Followed by cupcakes and bbq.

Then got home and ran 5 miles in a downpour.

I've trained enough in the rain today ffs.

<3

onemile

I ran 10 this morning since it was coolish out I thought I'd get it out of the way early.

From the Internet.

I jumped into a half marathon 'cause I had a free entry. 1:51:01 and 3rd F20-29, quite possibly my last race in this age group before I move up in July! New England flat, my favorite kind of course - no really monstrous hills, just lots of rollers to keep things interesting.

Started off easy for the first mile and a half or so with running club friends, then picked it up a bit and practiced fueling/taking water from the all the water stations. Someone came huffing up behind me and tried to pass me on a hill round about mile 5.5, so I hammered it for a minute and dropped them before backing off again, enjoyed a fast mile 9 since it was entirely downhill, and picked it up quite a bit for the last mile because adrenaline and race or whatever (well, not-quite-mile by my watch - the course isn't certified so I think it's just a hair short - GPS track didn't seem wildly erratic - but good enough for a training run).

Docket_Rocket

New England flat = Hilly for Miamians!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Docket, ugh on no AC. Ours seems to have an issue at least once a year.

Mr MattM, how was the toe?

Freesoul, glad DS enjoyed the race. At this point, it should be all about fun.

Very, very true.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mr MattM

Docket, ugh on no AC. Ours seems to have an issue at least once a year.

Mr MattM, how was the toe?

Freesoul, glad DS enjoyed the race. At this point, it should be all about fun.

It feels awful (but tolerable) for the first half mile to mile... then I kind of get used to it.  After 3 miles or so it starts to feel a little numb.

be curious; not judgmental