Beginners and Beyond

Soggy Sunday (Read 38 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

That is great! If you would have started faster, maybe you couldn't have finished this strong? But yeah, you want to find the correct balance.

Congrats!

Not sure. My fastest 5ks tend to have mile 1 the fastest, mile 2 the slowest, mile 3 in between, so I feel like maybe I could have been more aggressive to start.

Coastal

My eye doctor gave me a bit of a lecture around protecting my eyes while out running.  I guess you can get too much sun inside the eye, too.  My prescription glasses darken in the sun and she suggested wearing a cap to shade my forehead (no sunscreen needed on the forehead and it doubles for keeping rain out of my eyes).  Gotta run with the glasses if I want to read my Garmin.

Congrats on 1st Masters, HC!

Got in 8.7 on the road.  Debated about driving our around the bay and running on the spit between the bay and the ocean.  It's a great place to run when the NW wind isn't blowing and there's no fog.  It's one of my favorite runs (and hikes).  Decided to do the road here at home.  Felt good and got in a good run.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I missed the dailies yesterday. Congrats on the AG award Fred!

+2

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

26:10. 8:32, 8:31, 8:11. That is probably the fastest I've ever run mile 3 of a 5k. Now just gotta start quicker.

That had to make you smile.

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

Nice job HC!

My current running sunglasses are sun cloud brand. They're almost as good as Oakley but much cheaper. My Oakley lenses need to be replaced so I just picked these up at Sierra trading post and forgot about the Oakleys

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Jay - In answer to your question, I wear prescription sunglasses, so I'm not really free to experiment with different brands.  Generally, I run early or late, so I don't need them often.

Cyberic - Those are some nice mileage totals.  Can't say I ever shortened a run to 17, as my number of runs over that length are few indeed.

HCK - Nice race splits.  Are crowds a problem for you in the first mile?

LRB, Cyberic, ROS, Dave, Italiana, PR, KCR, HCK -  Thanks.  I'm hoping to finally get a good "official" 10k time this Saturday, when I plan to race on a USATF certified course.

PR - Yeah there always seem to be some muscles that only get used in yard work and thus are always sore afterwards.

SDW - Kids are the gift that keep giving.  ;-)

RS - nice 10.

Coastal - nice 8.7.

After the race yesterday, I had no problem keeping it slow for today's run.  7.6 miles, some in the rain. Apologies to those I missed.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12