Beginners and Beyond

FinallyFriDailies (Read 21 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

OK, RW does not have my size.  I could go 1/2 size down, but maybe not a good idea based on previous comments.

Have not checked the Endorphin yet.

I can't speak to the fast Nike shoes, but I have sized 1/2 size down the ones I did get. Check out the Euro size on the shoes you typically wear and see how it compares to the Nike. I found that the Euro size for a 10.5 women's Mizuno Wave Rider is the same for a 10 in the Nikes I got (and Adidas is like this too).

Docket_Rocket

I've ordered from Eastbay as well and super fast shipping. Or maybe because I'm one state away, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

A new wrinkle! Thanks...? I figured the Nikes are a fairly well-proven commodity, so if I was going to spend the money, I'd go with them.

How's the toebox roominess on the Endorphin Pros? Or the Vaproflies for that matter? I kind of need some space there, and many racing shoe models are a bit narrow.

MTA: just checked and the Nikes would not arrive till after my half, unless I paid an extra $15. Or used the LRS option if available.

I don’t think the Endorphin toe box is particularly narrow, but it is shallow. I went up half a size in them because of that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

How's the toebox roominess on the Endorphin Pros? Or the Vaproflies for that matter? I kind of need some space there, and many racing shoe models are a bit narrow.

I tend to like a roomy toebox and have no problems with the Endorphin Pro or Speed in that regard. The Asics Metaspeed Edge were a little tight for me, even going up 1/2 a size.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

My race shoes tomorrow will be the Cheaterflys v2.0.

is that the Vaporfly Next% 2?

I don’t think the Endorphin toe box is particularly narrow, but it is shallow. I went up half a size in them because of that.

Shallow is actually even worse for me. Some shoes give me a pain at the top of my foot.

Dave

Of course I’ve had the last 1.5 years of no races to fuck around with shoes, and now that races are upon me, I’m still dithering.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Of course I’ve had the last 1.5 years of no races to fuck around with shoes, and now that races are upon me, I’m still dithering.

this is me as well!

delicate flower

is that the Vaporfly Next% 2?

Yes.  I have done two runs in them:  A 10K and a HM.

<3

The Seattle Marathon where I signed up to pace the half actually just released the course info. Completely changed from previous years, I’m guessing due to COVID and permits, etc. It’s pretty awful. 

- Starting location has very minimal nearby parking

- Portion of the course is on (closed) freeway express lanes which run underneath the main freeway, presumably blocking out GPS signal.

- 1259 ft elevation gain over 13.1 miles. 

The whole thing sounds like kind of a nightmare.

Dave

sdWhiskers

1259 ft elevation gain over 13.1 miles. 

delicate flower

- 1259 ft elevation gain over 13.1 miles. 

fuck is that all about?

<3

And honestly if I had to rank those 3 things, this one is the least worrisome, for pacing it.

Dave

sdWhiskers

And honestly if I had to rank those 3 things, this one is the most worrisome, for racing it.