Beginners and Beyond

Weeping Wednesday Penguins (Read 36 times)

PADRunner

Ok. Just wondering. I drove by there and it was packed.  I hope the running is going well for you. I hope to be on here more often, now that I am running again, but I hope it doesn't become a political forum. I come here to stay away from all that.

This is the first time I've seen anything really political on here I think. I think it's just the shock of it. Running has been going good till today. Just didn't give a shit about it today. Hopefully it won't last long, we'll see.

Zelanie

In do my best to avoid it most of the time. But I feel that we also use dailies to talk about things that are going on in our lives and for a lot of us, that's what's on our mind. My little strength workout seems insignificant in a lot of ways today.

GinnyinPA

I finally got out and ran today - 6.4 miles between rainy spells.  Wet leaves on the street were a hazard I didn't appreciate.

LRB

But I feel that we also use dailies to talk about things that are going on in our lives and for a lot of us, that's what's on our mind.

Especially when we have dissected Pfitz's marathon and half marathon training plans 17,000 different ways ffs.

That reminds me, I'm a shell of my former self, but through injuries, setbacks, personal issues or indifference, I'm always here.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

2.5 miles on the track before Pickleball class.

LRB

2.5 miles on the track before Pickleball class.

I don't want to talk Pickleball around here, just running, of which I suck.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I don't want to talk Pickleball around here, just running, of which I suck.

And I suck at running and Pickleball.

LRB

And I suck at running and Pickleball.

lol - I've come to terms with the fact that my best (read, fastest) running days might be behind me. I still love the sport though and enjoy it as a hobby. So doing things like traveling and meeting running peeps as I did Saturday help with that, and besides, I drink a lot of wine, so I still need to burn calories or risk BLOOF. Smile

Zelanie

lol - I've come to terms with the fact that my best (read, fastest) running days might be behind me. I still love the sport though and enjoy it as a hobby. So doing things like traveling and meeting running peeps as I did Saturday help with that, and besides, I drink a lot of wine, so I still need to burn calories or risk BLOOF. Smile

I'm nowhere near PR days and while I believe I will get back there, a lot of factors need to come together for me. What I'm loving about running these days is the social aspect with my club, the structure of training to keep me active and not bored, and finding new ways to challenge myself through trying different races or courses. Trail racing is super fun for me now because of its newness.

I also enjoy the company here and getting to know folks and their dogs FFS over time.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What the hell is Pickleball?

Damaris

Birdwell

A cross between ping pong and tennis played outside on a court half the size of a tennis court.

It produces the single most annoying sound on planet earth. a constant bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,bop, bop, bop, bop, bop,

well, you get the idea. The noise is considered justification for homicide in 14 states.

edit: a video that demonstrates the sound. Go to the minute mark or so.

on my way to badass

This.  Never mind.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry I asked!  Ha.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Thought all the Florida retirees play pickleball?  We are planning ahead.